Feeling hot in 27th week of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nidhi99, Oct 25, 2008.

1. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Hello friends,

My doctor suggested me to take iron supplements with prenatal vitamins as she found me little bit anemic in blood test (26th week)....Otherwise before that I was only taking prenatal vitamins...Now a days sometimes I feel really hot and my husband says he is not feeling hot....

I am worried that is it pregnancy symptom or becz of that iron supplement I am feeling like this...Or they are not suiting me..I am taking CVS iron 65mg supplements...I was ok before I started it....Also, as from morning I didn't take any medicine....I am still feeling hot....not much...yah but I need fan..

It would be nice if anybody can help me in this.

Thanks

2. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Congratulations to you first off.
    Feeling hot is 3rd trimester's by-product. Its quite natural. Don't stop taking your iron supplement because of that. Iron supplement does not produce hot flashes, it infact has a side effect of hardening your stool. No big deal, just put on some AC or fan and chill. What you are feeling is very normal.
    Good luck and have a ball when you have time now.

3. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Thanks Kolli,

I am much relaxed now.

4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

As Swathi has mentioned, you'll feel hot in the 3rd trimester. Actually I felt hot from the second trimester onwards and I generally feel cold before preggo. I had the a/c turned on so low that my hubby had to wear thicker outfits to sleep. He was literally shivering while I was sitting directly under a blast of cold air and complaining that I was sweating!! But not to worry it doesn't last long, its gone the next moment you deliver. I was back to my cold self after delivery.

-L.