Good Hospitals in Bangalore - Baby delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by diyaa, Sep 14, 2008.

1. diyaa

diyaa New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I would be returning to India in my 5th month of pregnancy. For now, I shortlisted 2 hospitals for my delivery - Wockhardt & Apollo hospitals on Bannerghatta road. These 2 hospitals are close to my home and I would chose one of them.

I did hear about Wockhardt's 'Nest'. I'm not sure how good it is. I would like to know your opinions on these 2 hospitals.

1. How are the doctors in these hospitals? Is there any particular doctor whom you would recommend?
    2. I do not want C-section to be forced on me. I'm open to it only if it is required medically. Not because the hospital wants money. I did read that these 2 hospitals promote normal delivery and they do c-section only if it is necessary. Is it true?

Thanks a lot for your help!

2. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Hello Diyaa,

I am not much aware about Bangalore hospitals. But, one of my friends went to India in her 5th month. She was telling me about CRADLE hospital which is very nice. The link is -

She is very much impressed with their doctors. You can inquire about it also if any of your friends or relative is there.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  3. nidhi99

nidhi99 New IL'ite

Hello Diyaa,

I am not much aware about Banglore's hospital but one of my friends recently moved there.
    She told me about CRADLE that it is really good. You can type on google and find out more about it.

Nidhi

4. diyaa

diyaa New IL'ite

Thanks Nidhi..!

5. prabhudevan

prabhudevan New IL'ite

:hiyaDiyya, i heard from my friends that doctor pabha eliya singan is very good, experienced in handling both normal and high risk pregnancies.
    she sees patients at epmc womens clinic and surgery ,facing big bazar 9th block.she has her own exclusive hospital service and also delivers at sagar hospital banner ghatta.hope this helps you.good luck.

6. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Diya

This is a doctor recommended by a doula in bangalore.

Dr. Arul Mozhi.
    Lakeside Hospital
    #33/4
    Meanee Avenue, Ulsoor Road
    Sivanchetty Garden
    Bangalore-560042
    Landmark: Near Meanee Avenue
    Phone: 080-25542740
    .:: Lakeside Medical Center & Hospital ::.

Another place recommended is Asha Medical Foundation

Becoming a mother is one of the most exciting and personal experiences of your life. At Asha Medical Foundation, Bangalore , we strive to tailor every birth to a woman's preferences and medical needs
    Pregnancy classes are now considered to be an effective way to learn about pregnancy and child care and boost confidence levels, help de-stress, reduce perceptions of pain and thereby help with a better child birth experience.
    Our classes teach Stress management, breathing techniques (Lamaze), Massage, stretching, Nutrition and Diet, Prenatal exercises, Baby care, Breast Feeding and postnatal exercises,. It also informs women about the right diet and exercise regimes during pregnancy and much more .
    In this 5-weekend course, you will also get hands-on practice with relaxation techniques and comfort measures for easing the discomforts of pregnancy and labor.
    You will learn about the changes that occur in the woman’s body during pregnancy, staying healthy and low risk through proper diet and exercise, and pregnancy exercises and relaxation to keep you comfortable during your pregnancy. We will also talk about how to select a childbirth education class that best meets your needs as you prepare for the birth of your baby.
    Priya Srinivas : 98862 24560 ; priya.srinivas@ashafoundation.org

Shammy : 9980340338;

Neelima - 9916704554 ;

Sibi - 9980264737;
    Asha Medical Foundation, 1134, 2nd Floor, 100 Feet Road,
    HAL 2nd Stage. Indirnagar, Bangalore

Ph : 41808004/ 41808076

Dr.Prakash Kini of Cradle hospital also comes highly recommended. But thats on th expensive range. you could check it out.

Will let you know more.

Cheers
    Deepa

7. akku

akku New IL'ite

Anyone knows good hospitals in koramangala,madiwala area? Any suggestions on St.Johns hospital?

8. pinksweety

pinksweety New IL'ite

Theres one more in Jayanagar near Ashoka Pillar (Ramakrishna hospital) "Cradle". Ive read a lot abt this having spectacular facilities but have no idea...This hospital caters just for child birth since conception to post-natal issues..

I've ruled out this option bcoz I stay very far from this place...If u r interested u can try this out.

9. kira

kira New IL'ite

Please for heaven sake do not go to Wockhardt, I have had a terrible experience of loosing my baby due to inexperienced staff and the facility not prepared for handling an emergency. It is a speciality for cardiac surgery and not even recommendable for delivery. If you can, please keep away from it. In the same vicinity you have Cradle, Jayanagar, you could see Dr. Prakash Kini. You would be in safe hands and Cradle is a speciality meant only for birthing. All the best.

10. jyothijyothi

jyothijyothi New IL'ite

i am so surprised i just came here to ask this same question. I am so glad that this discussion is already happening.

I am also planning to go to bangalore for my delivery at my 6th month. can anybody suggest me good hospital and doctor near malleshwaram or any doctor in apollo