Pain while baby moves?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sujimallige, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

I have a small doubt and hope any of you can find time to clear it.
    Does it hurt when the baby moves in 33rd week?
    I am currently in my 33rd week and at times i get severe pain when my baby moves,it leaves me breathless.Is this normal or do i need to speak to my doctor.Please advice.

Hope all others are doing fine.Take care of your health.

suji

2. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Suji

Congrats & yes it will hurt. But u can take to ur doc & change some position.
    Whenever my first one kicks I had severe pain in the ribs & they said its normal & asked me to change my posture/walk. Hope this helps.

Dhivya

3. Sujimallige

Thank you dhivya for the reply.

Ya,i know about the pain in the ribs as i feel them particularly when i sleep on my right side.This was different pain i was referring,like a sharp pulling pain in my lower abdomen.

Anyways,thanks a lot for the reply.

suji

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suji,

I am not a guru in this field :) But thought of sending you my 2 cents.

Don't even think for a sec. If you feel too much pain, give give a call to your gynec and ask her if this is allright. They know the best right :)

Did some search for you :)

lower sharp abdominal pain during pregnancy:

<!-- Google Ad -->(1) Some women experience lower abdominal pain or cramping further along in their pregnancy. This may be a sign that your uterus is stretching, or gas or even from constipation. Round ligament pain may result in short, stabbing and sharp aches in one or both sides of the abdomen. Fortunately this pain is relieved relatively quickly simply by relaxing or changing positions. Try to remain calm regardless of what you are experiencing, and remember when in doubt contact your health care provider immediately. Your doctor can help identify the cause of your abdominal pain during pregnancy and put your mind at ease in most cases. <script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-5951254182244577"; google_ad_width = 300; google_ad_height = 250; google_ad_format = "300x250_as"; google_ad_type = "text_image"; //2007-05-05: Joy of Preg Pages google_ad_channel = "8332318043"; google_color_border = "FFFFFF"; google_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; google_color_link = "000066"; google_color_text = "57578F"; google_color_url = "000066"; //--> </script>

TO DO:

When you feel abdominal achiness, sit down, put your feet up, and relax. Resting comfortably should quickly relieve your symptoms. Other tips include:
    • Avoid quick changes in position, especially turning sharply at the waist.
    • When you do feel a pain, bend toward the pain to relieve it.
    • Walking, doing light housework, or changing position may help relieve gas pains
    So, my advice would be to call you gynec and talk to her. Since I am concerned about you mentioning "sharp pain". After all shes there to make you comfortable and have a safe, smooth delivery right :)

5. Sujimallige

Thanks a lot nandu for ur reply...

I had a long nap and i feel much better,but if any time i get those pains back i shall for sure call my doctor.
    I think i might be constipated as recently my doctor put me on iron supplements.

Thanks again dear.

suji

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Suji,
    I had similar aches and pains too. Sometimes its the ligament being stretched and sometimes its just referred pain due to your baby moving and pushing on various muscles. But when in doubt always call your doc. Breathing slow deep breaths and standing up helped me reduce that pain - mostly it was because my baby has long legs and I have a small frame so each time he stretched out it would hurt me especially if I am all curled up. We could see this clearly when I had my ultrasonogram done.

-L.

7. Sujimallige

Thanks lavanya for your reply.

I had my check up yesterday and i did mention it to my doctor.My doc checked and they are BH.I am having them way too much.So my doctor has clearly explained me about real contractions and has asked to be careful.And absolutely no form of exercise for a few weeks no walking too :|.
    And have to drink lots of water as usual.

suji

8. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Stomach pains when the baby is kicking will be there during pregnancy. I had it during both my pregnancies. I did bring it to doctor's notice and they said it is fine. For the sake of piece of mind, you should discuss with your doctor too.