Headaches during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by desiprincess, Jun 6, 2008.

1. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

I'm 30 weeks pregnant now, and I'm experiencing headaches esp. late in the afternoon. Its starting to get hot here lately and there has been a lot of pollen around. I'm wondering if its a combo of allergies and heat that is causing headaches. My first pregnancy was a winter pregnancy so I don't have experience with a summer one. My b.p, weight gain and sugar levels are fine, so there is nothing physically wrong. please any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks...

P.S. any tips on a summer pregnancy would be great too..

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I am at 27 weeks and having the same headaches for past 2 days. I also had them during weeks 16-18. The only cause I could co-relate with my headaches was not drinking enough water. Are you drinking enough water?

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear desirpincess and pmahensa,

Headaches are quite common in pregnancy.
    I had severe headaches few weeks back.These are the hormones and please refrain from taking medicines for that.Few things you could do:

Stop seeing the computer,laptop, tv for some time (maybe 1 to 2 hrs).
    Take a break from reading books same like above.
    Drink lots of cold water or orange juice.
    Go out of the house to open air.Fresh air would do magic for my headaches.
    Just close your eyes and keep cotton dipped in ice water over them.

Try these and if headache persists please inform your doctor.

suji

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  4. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

Hi pmahensa and suji

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm trying to drink lots of water and stay well hydrated. I think it also has to do with sinuses that I have developed during my first and now second pregnancy. Again thanks for the tips.

5. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hi desiprincess,

Sinus could be the culprit.. you must have had a hair wash and stayed in a/c after that or went off to sleep without drying your hair completely..

You can take steam inhalations two to three times a day.. this will give you good relief..

Hope you will feel better soon!
    Cheers!
    Sylvia

6. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I had headache in my first trimester.
    Do NOT take any medicine for it. Only thing you can do is lot of rest. Do yoga and meditation. Also do not keep your stomach empty, eat frequently. Get some head massage done.

7. akshi2013

akshi2013 New IL'ite

When you get pregnant, you have lots of hormone reactions in your body and many times they lead to slow and regular pain in the head, which is in many cases migraine. Headache and migraine are different things because headache remains for less time whereas migraine pain lasts for days and in severe cases weeks. When I was going through my pregnancy phase, I also faced the same problem and then my doctor explained me.There are preventions and remedies which you may follow.Here is a link which I have searched for you.Hope these home remedies help you.

Pregnancy Related Migraine and How to Deal with it | MyBirthdaySupplies