Did you get pregnant through IVF?, then please Help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sugugiri2010, Feb 5, 2016.

1. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi ILs

I am looking forward for some information, so that everyone will be educated on this.My question are to those women who become pregnant through IVF/ICSI or any other ART procedures

Did you be in bed rest through out till delivery?
    Did you have to take injections from day 1 till delivery?
    Did you have any side effects due to the injections thus taken?
    Did you have a normal or c-section?
    After delivery were you able to continue a normal life?
    How did you prepare yourself financially, physically and mentally for the hard journey?

Thanks in advance for those who replies in patience to all my questions.

1 person likes this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

yes.i delivered through ivf.

1) no.i was very active till 8 months.infact,i even exercise a bit and did all housework.also,went to work.

2) Nope.only thing was i went to the gynec almost every week to ensure i was fine.

3)injections during ivf caused me to gain weight but i lost it coz i love working out an eating right.did it after delivery though.

4)c section.this as nothing to do with normal conceiving or through ivf.

5)ofcourse.more healthy than ever!

6) i love insipring people in my own way.i wanted to show that i am quite a strong women and i am also god fearing.so faith helped.physically,i ate well and was phsyically active.

5 people like this.
  3. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Anika,

Your reply will be truly helpful for all those who are planning for IVF

1 person likes this.
  4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mine was IVF pregnancy. Minimal activities, not on bed rest. I had injections, but was less compared to fellow ivf people. Not much side effects in the last ivf. I had c-section. Life was back to normal after it. But still trying to loose the extra weight gained after delivery. Blame it on my body structure. One might need to be prepared in all those all along or start preparing on the way.

2 people like this.
  5. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Vasu for the reply...

6. Payal2007

Payal2007 New IL'ite

Its almost 2 years now that i went for my IVF treatment....Unfortunately it wasn't successful :-(.... Hoping to go for my treatment again this year.... but for sure it is not going to be the same hospital in India....

Do u guys have any suggestion for doctors in qatar?

7. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Am sorry no idea dear.

8. Payal2007

Payal2007 New IL'ite

sugugiri2010.... u dont have to be sorryconsole1...just incase you or anyone else in this group knows they can post here so that it helps others who are planning to undergo IVF treatment :)

1 person likes this.
  9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Here you go. My TTC struggle went for 7 years and I conceived in my 4th cycle! I conceived once naturally but lost the pregnancy in early stages. If you read the above line you will think my answer is yes for most of these, but I didn't have to go through any of the below!

1. No I was not on bed rest. I worked full time, to be very precise I went to work until my 39th week. I work in a stressful role in IT.
    2. I took injections until my beta HCG (Blood test to confirm pregnancy) and no injections after that.
    3. No side effects I can think of.
    4. C-Section as I did not get labour pain inspite of getting induced! Dr. Waited for 24 hours after inducing but, the labour did not progress at all.
    5.Yes, absolutely. I bathed my daughter in traditional way of sitting down and putting her in my legs from 12th day post delivery. I also gave her oil massage before bath
    6. I had absolute support from my spouse. We did not let any of the parents know about our tough journey, but they did know that we are on treatments. Mentally you have to be strong and the whole preparation is solely in your hands

All the best and face the treatment with full confidence and you will sail through smoothly!

5 people like this.
  10. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Thank u Radha,

Your story will be an inspiration to many of us.Thanks for sharing.