Rashes on Stomach -27 weeks pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ampu, May 29, 2008.

1. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Hi All IL ladies,

I have been getting rashes on my stomach from last night. Its itching severely ...i tried applying moisturizer cream and johnson baby powder but till today night no decrease in rash.

Did anyone experience the same? It is disturbing me like anything? is it going to effect my baby in anyway? I am 27 weeks pregnant now.

Please share your opinions.

-AMPU

Last edited: May 29, 2008

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Are your rashes like welts or like pimples?
    Could be caused by too many different factors such as extremely dry skin or some skin allergy or more seriously, shingles or chickenpox. I would advise you to check with your doctor immediately.

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ampu,

Your itching and rashed could be because your skin is stretching and tightening.

When I had itching (severe for about 3-4 weeks from 32nd week onwards)..I had to do a 4 layer process to get some relief - first olive oil, then Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Soothing Oil, then lacto calamine lotion (the pink bottle) and finally some powder.

But as pmahensa suggested, better check with a doctor soon just to make sure.

Take care,
    Aarushi

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

If you are getting rashes, kindly check with the doctor. With my first pregnancy and also this time I got pimple like rashes with severe itching on neck, legs and arms. I first tried applying caladryl, extra moisturising; all that soothed but then i had to finally see a dermatologist. She gave me special cream and only that reduced. Because it's on your stomach only the doctor can give appropriate cream/lotion.

Latha