Sesame seeds/Nuvvulu - Urgent pregnancy query

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sharvani, May 16, 2015.

1. Sharvani

Sharvani Bronze IL'ite

hi all..
    i have had tomato chutney made with sesame seeds and am 11 weeks pregnant. I have heard from a friend that sesame seeds are not safe during pregnancy.. is it okay? i am concerned a lot.. and is there anything i can do to reverse its effect.. please help me get through this tension..

sharvani

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

We'll sesame seeds r not good during pregnancy.

however,without my knowledge once or twice I have had sesame seeds when I was preto and nothing happened.a little bit is no problem.

anyways refrain from having it in future.

no worries

3. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

It's ok having a small quantity will not harm the baby .

4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Sesame seeds cause heat in teh body. Avoid in future. A little in chutney shouldnt be a problem now. Drink lots of coconut water/watermelon or lassi or sabja seeds to cool the body down.

5. ishvisahaani

ishvisahaani Senior IL'ite

They are safe to eat during pregnancy. They are Rich in calcium, iron, oxalic acid, amino acid, proteins, vitamin B, C, and E, til is considered a healthy food. there is a common belief, that til is a 'heat emitting food', which tends to increase body heat and upset the balance within. Some also say that eating heating foods may cause miscarriages or premature labour. However, no evidence supports these beliefs or the idea that eating sesame seeds might cause any harm during pregnancy, according to the BabyCenter India website. Check here for the benefits of eating sesame seeds pregnancy Is It Safe To Consume Sesame Seeds During Pregnancy?