please advise on full term pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sharmamonica, Apr 16, 2015.

1. sharmamonica

sharmamonica New IL'ite

Hi all ladies..

I am 38 weeks pregnant and I have my due date on 24th april.. but still I feel that the baby's head is in vertical position close to naval, as in possibly it is still not settled in head down position in the birh canal.. and I am little worried over this..
    ladies who have experienced pregnancy. . Please tell whether its normal.. will d baby's head go in down position automatically until 39 weeks complete orr what. .
    please share if any ine jnows about itt
    thanks in advance

2. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sharmamonica,

First of all congratulations :) You will be welcoming your baby in less than 10 days. How happy you should be :) Do not worry about the head position and all those things.Your doctor should know if the position is correct or not. Even by this time if the baby is in breech position,do not worry about it. It might happen any time.
    You just be relaxed.Do your walking regularly.Have good sleep until your delivery.Because after that you will not get time to sleep ;) You will only have sleepless nights. So just be calm and relaxed.
    Wishing you good luck and happy parenting. :)

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I guess you will get the answers on the pregnancy board.Congratulations on the baby :)

4. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

The baby's position will clearly be revealed by an ultrasound. Check with your OB-GYN if an ultrasound is necessary. Even if the baby's head is not yet down, it could happen any time in the next two weeks.

And even if the baby doesn't turn till the last moment, don't worry! It is called a BREECH presentation of the baby and you will have a scheduled C-section, and the baby will be removed through the incision with his/her legs or bums first - a very safe procedure nowadays.

(I had my baby like this. She didn't turn even at 40 weeks, and anyway became too big to turn inside by herself by then. I had a C-section and she is healthy and happy now!)

Congrats, and enjoy the last few days of your pregnancy! Happy motherhood! :)