Apollo fish fry during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by mano23, Mar 30, 2015.

1. mano23

mano23 New IL'ite

hi, i am in my 7th month and yesterday I had 3 small pieces of Apollo fish fry in the restaurant. I am worried now as some fishes contain mercury levels, is it safe to take Apollo fish. what about mercury levels in this fish?

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

If you feel any abnormalities visit your Doctor immediately.

But keep in mind avoid all kind of Outside foods completely Like Mc Donald, KFC, Apollo etc.,

If you wish to have any food, just buy items and make in home and take!

All the Best!

3. mano23

mano23 New IL'ite

hi sivashakthigopi,
    thanks for the reply..Apollo fish is NOT safe to eat during pregnancy?

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Why should avoiding eating out be avoided? Fast food is not always the healthiest option but home food can be equally unhealthy.

5. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

We dont know exactly about the out side food, the food which is made for either so many or few in our absence.

If our friends invited us to have a dinner, but she may use any item which is able to affect our body is possible. So it is better to avoid these foods.

In our Family, for our pregnant ladies and new married girl or guy or to be married guy or girl, People will visit their home and made grocery list. Then few people will visit shop and buy things. then they made food based on their list with taste and the particular person wish!

This will celebrate as a function in our family.

For me, my relatives came to my home and made food with my MIL guidance and Mom Guidance (they both only take care of my health).

I don't get any stomach infection or digestion problems!

Even Nan, Paratha, Sanwitch, Toast, Pani Puri, Sweets etc.,

Some foods, my MIL watch youtube and prepare for me without some spices and etc.,

Taste will be Differ, but i eat all items what i liked with complete hygiene.

As a mom we can take care of our kid! Its our duty!

6. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

It does not matter do you eat for example Apollo fish at home or at a restaurant. The important issue is that what kind of fish it is made of (mercury levels depends on the fish and from where it is caught). You can live a completely normal life even if you are pregnant. There are some food you need to avoid (risk of listeria) and of course you have to be conscious to not eat too much high-calorie food. But a batch of French fries at McDonalds or a home made paratha is equally unhealthy - but now and then OK if you do not have weight issue.

Regarding the Apollo fish it depends on what kind of fish it is made of. But mercury is only a problem when you eat fish very often.

7. mano23

mano23 New IL'ite

thanks much for your reply. I had only 3 pieces and I usually don't take fish very often

8. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Nothing will happen if you consume fish. Vegetables have more pesticide contamination than the fishes.
    First of all, Mercury content is high in fishes that are huge and have lived a longer time in the sea. Pacific Ocean is the most contaminated of all.. For you to get mercury contamination, you should have been consuming these Mercury contaminated fishes for a longer period of time.
    you are safe. No worries. But avoid outside food so that you don't get any infection.

9. mano23

mano23 New IL'ite

thank you, relived with your reply