Second baby at 36?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Jas8085, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I had my son at 26. I'm now 32 (turning 33 in March). Due to certain constraints, we can't plan a baby in the next 2yrs. Earliest I can get pregnant is 2017 Jan.

We are really keen on having a second child, but I'm worried I will be 36 when I deliver! Most of my friends here are Americans, many had kids after 35 - so they say don't worry no probs.

Any desi ladies here who had normal pregnancies after 35? Please share your experiences.

Thanks
    Jasmine

2. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

My brother's wife (SIL) had her twins when she was 37, in India. Those 2-babies (boy and girl) are such adorable cute bundles and brings so much happiness to our family, born 9-years after her big sister.

As long as you are healthy and maintain normal weight, nothing to worry.
    Just follow up with your doc, closely.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A friend of mine gave birth to her daughter at the age of 40 in 2013. In fact we delivered within 2 weeks of each other. Apart from gestational diabetes she didn't have any other issues. I had GD too, even though I'm quite a few years younger than her. There are two other women in my friend circle who've had children after 35. Another one has just started trying for her first one at the age of 36. Haven't yet come across a single case of difficult pregnancy due to age. Prenatal care in the US is so high-quality that high risk pregnancies are managed with little to no problems at all.

4. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

This may sound funny but my colleague's mom who was 45 at the time had a healthy baby girl. My colleague was 25 and just had her own baby when her baby sister was born. Both mother and daughter went through confinement together.:)

Don't worry, you can still have babies till you are 40. If you have any doubt, pay your gynae a visit and have a medical check up done before conceiving. Good Luck.

1 person likes this.