Best Hospital for normal delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shananta, Jan 6, 2015.

1. shananta

shananta New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am new to chennai & am 7 months pregnant now. I want to know good hospital in chennai and also a good doctor who encourages for normal delivery. I went to Hindu mission hospital for my recent check-up but still I am in a confused state.

If anybody knows abot the maternity charges ,Please inform me.Thanks in advance.

Wish you all a very Happy New Year!!!

2. rekas

rekas Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My suggestion would be venkateswara hospital nandanam Dr.Shanthi Sanjay.. i have heard she will do only normal delivery to the extent personally my relatives also got treated for child birth, my surprise was.. when my sister inlaw who is a lazy lady i have never seen her doing work or house chores will sit idle or sleeping during her pregnancy, she had a normal delivery!!!, plus many office colleague also had normal delivery over there, adding to that my neighbour she was having twins and she consulted shanthi and had normal vaginal delivery.
    Majority comments i heard like if we follow her instructions religiously then its no problem otherwise it will be a great problem to you as she would yell at you.

3. BlueLotus

BlueLotus Senior IL'ite

Dr Balakumari from KS hospital, velachery is good. I have been there. She prefers normal delivery and is a very kind and patient doctor.

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I would recommend Dr Mala from Vijaya Hospital

5. shananta

shananta New IL'ite

Thank u all for ur replies :)

6. shananta

shananta New IL'ite

Hi Reka,
    Thank for ur reply.May I know whether you know about maternity charges over there.Please let me know. Thank u

7. rekas

rekas Silver IL'ite

shananta, my sis in law was charged 50000 iNR for normal delivery year 2012, three months before my cousin delivered over there she was charged 60000 as normal delivery but baby was kept incubator for few days due to Jaundice and baby ate its own potty during delivery..
    both chosed AC private room for three / five days stay- AC rooms and rest rooms atttached are fine to use.
    i heard they have non AC rooms as well..
    even im taking treatment with her for my delivery..
    Shanthi doesnt encourage cashless hospitalisation(insurance) for both the relatives she asked to pay money and then asked us to claim for insurance.
    im not aware about C section charges
    as per the observation from my colleagues ,relatives and neighbours- my strong guess is that normal delivery is not less than 40,000 INR- not more than 60,000 INR I hope it helps you.

8. shananta

shananta New IL'ite

Thanks reka. Its very helpful to me. Thank u so much once again

9. revrame

revrame New IL'ite

Hi all I want to know abt jipmer hospital for delivery any one have an experience pls share