10 weeks pregnant after miscarrige- Have few quetions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by jayabasude, Nov 18, 2014.

1. jayabasude

jayabasude New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am 10 weeks pregnant now and need some advise. Had a blighted ovum ( miscarriage) last yr.

1. My DH always had poor sperm morphology. As part of prenatal testing my doc tor has given option for screening & diagnostic tests. What should we go for & how much they are reliable\accurate ?
    2. My gums are really not good. Can I get any dental cleaning done during pregnancy ?
    3. When is the safe time for road and air travel. I go for a volunteer work but feel the road is really bumpy
    4. We have kaiser right now bt have a option to switch to Blue Shield PPO. Which one should be better for pregnancy ?
    5. Are frequent ultrasound safe for baby including Nuchal Translcency ultrasound ?
    6. I have been really depressed over last few yrs because of marital issues. Anything I can do to address this ?
    7. I have thyroid issues last 3 yrs. With meds TSH is ok now like 2.6. Can I rely on this or I should get T3 & T4 also checked ?
    8. Any vastu related suggestions for healthy pregnancy & child ?. Is mirror on the closet ok in bedroom ?

Thanks
    - Jaya

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi jaya...responses below..

1. My DH always had poor [COLOR=#009900 !important]sperm morphology[/COLOR]. As part of prenatal testing my doc tor has given option for screening & diagnostic tests. [COLOR=#009900 !important]What should[/COLOR] we go for & how much they are reliable\accurate ?
    Most people prefer not to go for these other than the NT and anomaly scan since some f these can be invasive in nature with a slight % risk of a problem coming up.
    2. My gums are really not good. Can I get any dental cleaning done during pregnancy ?
    Dental cleaning is recommended only in the second trimester and ideally early in the second trimester. Basic scaling can be done just ensure that you mention that you are expecting to the dentist so that the necessary precautions are taken by the dentist.
    3. When is the safe time for road and [COLOR=#009900 !important]air travel[/COLOR]. I go for a [COLOR=#009900 !important]volunteer[/COLOR] work but feel the road is really bumpy
    Road travel is okay in the second trimester as long as you drive slowly. Air travel is okay n the second trimester and always there is an aspect where if you have a visible belly that the airlines may ask you for a clearance certificate.
    4. We have kaiser right now bt have a option to switch to Blue Shield PPO. Which one should be better for pregnancy ?
    Not aware of the US insurance guidelines applicable
    5. Are frequent ultrasound safe for baby including Nuchal Translcency ultrasound ?
    Yes, it is absolutely safe for the normal U/S.
    6. I have been really depressed over last few yrs because of [COLOR=#009900 !important]marital[/COLOR] issues. Anything I can do to address this ?
    Best way would be to talk to family members about this but if you are uncomfortable about that, there are a lot of support groups around in the area who could definitely help you through this phase.
    7. I have thyroid issues last 3 yrs. With meds TSH is ok now like 2.6. Can I rely on this or I should get T3 & T4 also [COLOR=#009900 !important]checked[/COLOR] ?
    During the 9th week, usually the basic run of tests are done, blood related RBC, WBC, iron, Thyroid panel, etc. Its better to be aware that things are on track early in the pregnancy.
    8. Any vastu related suggestions for healthy pregnancy & child ?. Is mirror on the closet ok [COLOR=#009900 !important]in bedroom[/COLOR] ?
    More than vaastu, would recommend more peaceful things like music and prayer. THs will bring considerable ease to your mind and help you tide through the marital issues also.

1 person likes this.