Getting induced ..please help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by MadhaviUP, Sep 19, 2014.

1. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Hi IL's,
    I am at 36 weeks of my pregnancy.As i was having GDM from 6th week i was put on insulin. My IG scan this week is good and baby is of correct gestational age. But due to high insulin intake ( i am currently taking 34-32-32-10) my doctor donot want to wait till 40 weeks and want to induce after 37 weeks. I want to know if any one got induced at this week..? and will the cervix dilation happen if she induces at this week? When i asked her she told that she will do stripping and then see.
    I want suggestions from you people if there are anyways whcih help me in cervix dilation, like any exercises or home remidies.When i asked for this, she told we cannot do anything. but if anyone has any tips for my labor to progress well and dilation or any other tips for induction please share.
    I am going to pregnancy yoga and my physiotherapists said that at this week only 20% chances are there for normal delivery if i am induced.
    So any one who faced this situation please help in giving your thoughts.
    One more thing is doc will be going on leave for 1 week. So she wants to complete before she goes. As everything is normal can i wait for few more days..? for that she replied that she don't want to take risk. So should i go to other doc for second opinion?

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I was in your situation 11 years ago. Only in my case it was Type 2 diabetes, and not gestational. I was on insulin, and by the 30th week had to go for stress tests. At week 33, the doctor told me he was going to induce me at 36 weeks. I was worried. But he simply said that with diabetes, due to the insulin intake, the placenta can calcify quicker. That was the reason for the stress tests...to see if enough oxygen was going to the baby through the placenta (when it calcifies, the walls thicken and this in turn causes the passage way to become much smaller)

I had a couple of friends who were induced, and delivered normally within 2-3 hours. I was not so fortunate :bang I was induced, but after about 4 cm dilation, the decision was taken to do an emergency c-section. The baby's heartbeat was crashing with each contraction.

Had a C-section, no issues, beautiful naughty baby, and 11 years of being a happy mom!

Congratulations, and follow the doctor's instructions. Don't postpone, especially due to the diabetes. No point in taking chances.

ALL THE BEST!

1 person likes this.
  3. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

thanks DKI , for valuable feedback.. Are ur friends also induced at 37 weeks?

In my home everyone are against as i am going to this so early.. they want me to wait till i turn 38...but simply i am stubrun and want to go with docs advice. and donot want to take any risk with baby.
    today also i met doctor and she told that 37 weeks is enough for baby growth.
    lets C how my induction goes.. :) ultimately we want a healthy baby.

4. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

37 weeks is safe. Here they say that anytime after 36 weeks is safe for a baby to be born.

When I complained, my doctor just asked me one question "You want baby alive?" That totally shut me up.

Yes, family members probably have your best interests at heart. But finally they are not doctors. In this instance, I would go with the doctor's advice and just not hear anything anybody else is saying. If your husband is on your side, nothing else matters here.