Need urgent advice as only few days left.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shama146, Aug 23, 2014.

1. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I urgently need an answer to this query as I have few days left for my delivery. I know most of you are mothers or have seen many births in your family, so you people must be definitely having much knowledge than me. I am a first time would be mom.

Till now everything is normal in my pregnancy and my due date is 30 Aug. In the first ultrasound due date was 10[SUP]th[/SUP] Sep, then 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Sep and in the final one it is showing 30[SUP]th[/SUP] Aug. I had always wanted to go for normal delivery as everything till now is OK.

Today I had an appointment with my doctor. I was very disappointed by her advice. I had earlier told her that I will always prefer normal delivery. She also told me earlier that she will try her best. Today her tone was different. She seems very eager for caesarean delivery. She advised me that I should wait for a maximum period of two days after my due date i.e 30[SUP]th[/SUP] Aug. If nothing happens she will perform a C- sec. She was telling that it's is better if you deliver before 40 weeks, and its dangerous after that. I have seen many women delivering after 8-10 days. In the internet also it says you can wait for a max period of 14 days, as nature knows best what is good for your body.
    Why I am concerned is that in India, private hospitals and nursing home always perform C-sec, even if you are capable of delivering normally just for minting more money. This is a very common practice now a days. I am not at all concerned about the money part, I just wanted normally delivery coz it is good both for the mom and baby in the long run. Why we should tamper with nature when everything is fine by the grace of God.

Ladies I want your opinion on this. What should I do and do I have any other option, as I know my doc will also do caesarean without any genuine reason just for the sake of money.

Thanks.

2. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

OP, have you had any complications during your pregnancy? Or is your amniotic fluid (water) low at this point? If you do not have any complications, it is best to wait it out for the baby to come out naturally. Why don't you try asking your DH to speak to the doctor?

IMO 2 days is too short a period to decide on cesarean. The due date calculation itself is based on LMP, as we do not know when the actual conception happened.

sindmani likes this.
  3. dikshisma

dikshisma New IL'ite

check your reports and reconfirm form a different doctor. its good that you want to avoid c- section i have gone thru the trauma its not worth it unless there's no other ways u urself can check some times like the movement of the baby is regular or not ur bump should be on the lowest part of ur abdomen making ur VG for delivery if the fluid intake of urs is above need or not...etc try n read ur ultra sound and if not sure then go for one more..... in my case i had every thing fine till 8 months n then due to tension every thing changed so fast that i had to go c- section for my first baby.... so please take care of urself don't stress and try to feel the bady n head of the baby. i use to have 1 table spoon of ghee with jaggery daily as it helps in delivery.pay more attention to the movement of the baby as it helped me save my baby .... movement stopped as soon as it started to get downward so finally i went to a hospital for check n got c-section 6 days later.....
    more over dear if u r still confused send me a copy of ur reports n i can suggest u my sister is a doctor ...... god bless you n take care of urself get another consultation from another doctor ok last but not the least about ur due date if u had regular dates i mean a fixed date may be 1 or 2 days up n down tthen u can calculate urself starting from the last date u had u can do this more acurately online as well search for babycenter.com they are good.