Recommended Tests during very early Pregnancy days

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by manjusingh, Jul 27, 2014.

1. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Hi friends

I just happened to search over Internet and I am very happy to discover such an amazing forum where we can share our experiences and seek guidance from friends.

We have been TTC for last few months and I am glad that today HPT showed positive result for the first time. I am little aged (around 35 years) and this is our first baby.

How reliable are HPT results and is it advisable to go for Blood Pregnancy test after positive HPT?

Which other tests are recommended during early pregnancy days?

1 person likes this.

2. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi Manju, an HPT is a reliable way of testing for pregnancy, so congratulations on your BFP:) I would recommend visting a gynac who would in all probability recommend beta hcg blood tests over the next couple of weeks to ensure that the beta hcg value is increasing at the right rate.
    Once this is confirmed your doctor may ask you to get blood tests for tsh, haemoglobin etc in the first trimester based on your medical history. All the very best for a healthy 9 months ahead:)

1 person likes this.
  3. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Thanks Nikita. I will consult a good gynac soon. I am already researching over internet. Are you consulting any doctor in Bangalore and would you recommend anyone? May I ask which hospital you have shortlisted and where do you go for Tests and Scans?

I am sorry I have asked too many questions. This is our first baby and hence I am more worried..

4. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Hi Manju,

Many Congrats :)

Do choose the hospital/ Gynaec according to their location and of course doctor's reputation. Please do some search about doctors in your area and visit a Gynaec asap :)

1 person likes this.
  5. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi Manju,

I am consulting Dr Mangala Ramachandra in fortis bannerghatta road which is really close to my place. I've also heard good reviews abt Dr Praveen Shenoy at Cloudnine old airport road.

6. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Thanks beingloved. I visited Motherhood on Sarjapur Road this week and found it to very good facility. I am glad that a decent hospital has come up around Sarjapur Road area. Also many experienced and reputed doctors including Dr. Leela Bhagwan, Meena Muthiah, Sangeetha Gomes and Shefali Tyagi are consulting at this facility.

Thanks Nikitaram. Yeah I read about Praveena Shenoy in this forum :) Will keep her name in mind in case I am not happy with the current set of doctors available at Motherhood, Sarjapur road.

7. ishvisahaani

ishvisahaani Senior IL'ite

blood test and urine test can be done during early pregnancy. Doctor identifies blood type, Rh factor and anemia with blood test and any kidney infection through urine test. Chorionic villus sampling can also done if you are above 35

8. ErickOates

ErickOates New IL'ite

Doctor too advice me many tests.