Nutmeg in pregnanacy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by katochsimi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

hi friends,

i m 25 weeks preg and yesterday i was craving for Puran Poli (sweet roti with chana dal, jaggery and cardamon and nutmeg powder) so i asked my maid to make it. i dont know why that idiot instead of a pinch had put 2 nutmeg powder in 1/2kg dal and prepared roties. i had 1 in morning and 3 in lunch and 2 in dinner. and i was feeling that nutmeg qty is much as we just need to put pinch or so of nutmeg powder in puran poli. so i just googled and i got so wired results :bangcomp:
    but im too much tensed and worried as it has many side effect if overdosed..and i feel mine is overdosed:eek:mg:

pls ladies can someone elder or gynecologist tell me is it ok...wont effect my babay na???

touch wood im getting baby movements but getting scared that wont effect him in anyway...
    i will ask my doctor but in next visit or if i feel something wrong..by then can you ladies help me plsssss

2. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

no replies ladies faintingsmiley

3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi katochsimi,

How are you now and the baby?

Nutmeg is generally ok to take in little amounts in culinary dishes.. But over dose is not safe, but may not always be so.. For that matter, it has been said even parsley, fennel seeds shouldn't be taken in high dosages!

Please check with your doc, a scan to see if everything is ok.. Check the baby and pray to God! Everything shall be okay.. and remember don't take so much of nutmeg again

1 person likes this.
  4. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Nutmeg in large quantities isn't safe. I too was in your shoes. I prepares amras and added nutmeg more. Later I threw it and dint drink after seeing it's effects. Pls call your doctor to ask. I'm sorry I'm not scaring you. But u can always ask doctor.

5. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

thank you ladies for your kind feedback. the baby moves are normal and i dint asked doctor yet ...

6. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

katochsimi,

Good going girl.. Prayers and healthy wishes for you and your baby... Please do check with doc in your next visit, just be on the safer side

7. ErickOates

ErickOates New IL'ite