How to prepone delivery by 20 days

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by yellowglass1, May 26, 2014.

1. yellowglass1

yellowglass1 Junior IL'ite

Hello,
    I want to prepone my delivery dtd 18th oct 2014 by about 20 days to 27september which is my husband's birthdate. Any idea on how can i do that

regards

2. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Why would you want to do that?? at the cost of your babys health?????
    But it can be done by opting for a C-section provided your gynaec agrees.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  3. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

y do u want ur baby's birthday to be same with ur dh?
    i feel it kindda boring for the baby as he/she has to share it with someone and the day is not a special day for the baby alone. why am i saying this?
    my second baby's birthday is same as mine, unplanned. and my first one is same month too. so three of us birthdays will be celebrated at one go. there's no fun.

4 people like this.
  4. yellowglass1

definately not at the cost of baby's health. But many times i have seen delivery date is not exact and moves up and down by 2-3 weeks. anyone BTDT?

5. yellowglass1

on contrary i would love to see both dates coinciding. we r not getting any younger too and our bday is not that carming as it used to be and that day's charm will be solely for my baby!!

6. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Yes delivery date does fluctuate but there is always a reason for it. Please discuss your concerns with your gynaec. Usually they will perform C-section anytime after 5 days prior to due date.

1 person likes this.
  7. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Yes delivery date does fluctuate but there is always a reason for it. Please discuss your concerns with your gynaec. Usually they will perform C-section anytime after 5 days prior to due date.
    Sorry but as a mom of an SGA baby who was also a premie it did sent my blood boiling that someone would voluntarily rob a baby of time in the womb. What would I not give for my baby to have spent a few more weeks in my womb? You are talking about 3 weeks!!
    Doctors may not always bother as there is lots to be earned by a C-section.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

ME and My DD share the same birthday...

I have never come across this till date... May be it happens for one in a million gigglingsmiley

Just kidding... hope for the best but even doctors cant predict what will happen at a later stage in pregnancy so don't do anything silly.

1 person likes this.
  9. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Ask your husband to celebrate his bday 20 days later from here on . Simple .

16 people like this.
  10. Radha25

Radha25 New IL'ite

Hey dear!!!
    Every day in the womb counts on the neural development of baby. And due date is not an exact prediction always. let ur baby start journey on his/her own to earth. its fine if that happens naturally. The baby will start once he is physically ready to adopt to outside world. jus 368 days for a healthy formation. you jus stay active by having a walk and sit ups and stop before you become tired. you can begin this as you near the last month that is after september 10th if that has crossed atleast 360 days after your LMP. It might ease your childbirth without affecting baby's health. But do not overdo so that you consider yours and your child's health. My due date was july 16 but she was born july 2nd i felt she must have been inside till 10th atleast for my satisfaction on her maturity. so try not to break the natural balance...

5 people like this.