Noon Sickness - Please help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sandhya13, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I am 8 weeks pregnant and from last week I am feeling nauseous throughout the day but it peaks from 11 AM to 5 PM. I am able to have my breakfast and milk without any issues. However I just couldnt eat anything at all past 11 AM. I only drink 2 cups of apple juice from 11 to 5. That too I have to take a sip, then 10 min break, then another sip. The very sight of any other food makes me throw up. After 5, I'll have a final throw up and then am all charged up again and can have dinner without any problem. Only slight nauseous sensation.

This noon sickness is so wierd. Does anybody feel this way? Is there anything I could do to manage this? Also I am consuming a lot of sugar these days. Everything I can eat is loaded with sugar. I just couldnt eat anything else that is spicy/aromatic. Am I hurting the baby by not having enough calories during the day? Is it not good to have too much sugar? BTW, I have always had normal sugar levels before pregnancy.

Please help me!

P.S: Please bear with me for posting at the drop of hat :-( My previous post was for being overweight and this post is about not being able to eat well. I know I may sound silly/nagging. I am sorry. But I must say I feel a lot better to hear from other wise and experienced ladies :)

1 person likes this.

2. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Hi Sandhya ,

Don't worry, this is very normal. Though they say "Morning Sickness" is normal is pregnancy i had "All Day sickness" for the first 14 weeks . 5 to 8 week the nausea/vomiting was at its peak. All i could have is just a gallon of water. But gradually it was alright on its own and infact i started feeling great after 14 weeks.

So do not worry even this shall pass.:-

3. LuvLadoo35

LuvLadoo35 Gold IL'ite

Hey Sandhya,

I have been there and know how it feels.This is what I followed to keep nausea down.
    Try to keep a very thin slice of ginger in your mouth. This will help. Another thing I did was simply licking on ginger ale soda making sure not consuming too much. Just have tiny sips...
    My lunch was plain slices of bread with fresh veggies with salt sprinkled on top. No ketchup or chutney. Dinner was plain rice with boiled potates again just little salt and ghee on top. quantity intake was very less for dinner.Could drink cold milk and salty Monaco biscuits at midnite or so.
    This is a phase and will pass away after 3 months.

Hope this helps you.

4. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Sandhya, Congratulations ! Try having boiled food with a little salt and butter (if you can digest it). Also try fresh fruits, toast with cheese, rice pudding with raisins and nuts (my obgyn suggested this) or if you cannot have rice have chapati, suji, etc.
    Drink adequate water, preferably cold, smell lemon and try sucking ginger candy.
    Take care.

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Sandhya :)
    11 to 5 is a bit long for you and the baby to go without any food/nutrition. Try fresh fruits(if you crave for the sweetness),raisins, dates, milk shakes(since you are able to retain milk), veggies like cucumber, carrots(raw, if the smell of cooking them bothers you) or even health/fruit bars, cereals, flavored oatmeal, bread with jam or hazelnut spread etc. Have you tried yogurt with fruits? the greek yogurt especially is very healthy, has a lot of protein, is sweet(with fruit fillings) and can keep you full for long. Keep trying and see what works for you.
    Take care!

6. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

For me fennel seeds helped. The raw ones non roasted. I used to keep a small bag in all my jackets and purses, it was a life saver. I had all day nausea for 4 months. The nausea was so bad my husband and I both regretting getting pregnant and it was a very tough time for both of us.

I had tried ginger, biscuits etc,but nothing helped except the fennel seeds. Try to cut gown on sugar, it is normal to have sugar cravings. If you can't eat spicy, try sandwiches, boiled lentils ( soup, bland dal) or pasta / noodles.

Cooks

7. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much all for your suggestions. I will definitely try each and every tip.

I hope it gets better soon for me.