Cold and light fever at 4 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sharvani, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Sharvani

Sharvani Bronze IL'ite

Ladies,

I am 4 weeks pregnant, but still a week away from my first prenatal visit to doctor. I am having severe cold and light fever.. I called them up and asked what medications can I take.. they said I can take tylenol cold and plain robutussin. The worst thing which is making me worry is that whenever I am sneezing, feeling pressure on my stomach and I am worried will it affect the fetus?? will i have a healthy pregnancy?? :(

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Sharvani.. youre in early stage of pregnancy..nothing will harm the baby. The foetus is way down in your pelvic area and your sneeze or cough will not harm.. both those medicines are safe as mentioned by your doc.

1 person likes this.
  3. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Try home remedies like taking steam or drinking hot tea, gargle, jalneti for the cold. It will give you some relief.

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sharvani, i had the same situation in that stage of pregnancy with higher fever, im now 19th week and doctors says my baby is developing perfectly and of good health :) so dont worry, it wont affect. Try to relax and take a lot of rest, dont worry bout sneezing etc. it doesnt harm, in fact baby wont even recognise. I drank hot rassam and a mixture of ginger, honey and lemon in water which helped a lot to boost immune system. Wish u happy 9 months :)

5. Sharvani

Sharvani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies..

Thanku so much for your responses.. I really felt positive seeing your replies :)
    I am glad I found indusladies..:)

Is light brown/orange discharge when wiped (but not seen on panty liner) normal at this stage too??

Sharvani

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  6. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Yes Sharvani
    this is quite normal, had it for weeks myself nothing to worry. Check with your doc too when you visit.

1 person likes this.
  7. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

The above two medications have been prescribed your doctor. That is fine. The first three months of pregnancy is very crucial. This period, a pregnant woman, should never take any medication , on her own, without consulting an expert doctor.

Simple pain killer Brufen (Ibuprofen) often taken as an over the counter medication is harmful , if taken in the first two months of pregnancy.

Metronidazole, another common drug used for loose motion, is harmful to the kid inside womb, if a pregnant mother takes it in the first three months of pregnancy.

Like the above two examples, there are a whole list of medications, which need to be avoided strictly during the first three months.

Hence, self-medication, is a big No-No. Always consult a doctor, like you did this time. Then, You are safe.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Why are you asking us? Call the doctor's clinic immediately and clarify with the doctor or her nurse directly. We dont know your history, or situation. And we are not doctors.

9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Spotting or discharge could be normal but dont have to be, please just let your gyn check on it, most probably its nothing but you will feel really reliefed after the check up. Could be simple implementation bleeding even. I had bleeding twice (in a rush, no spotting) and litteraly ran into hospital in shock and totally scared.. they checked and confirmed that my baby is totally fine, just for safety they prescribed me progesterone. You can check here in forum for information about progesterone and ask your gyn in case if you need it too. Stay healthy and dont worry :) even that your a lot worried is normal ;) i just went to additional check up before my actual appointment to gyn coz i simple didnt felt baby moving for couple of days.. turned out mine is a lazy bug :D so dont worry u worry ;) all the best wishes and health for your baby and you :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Sharvani

Sharvani Bronze IL'ite