Dry mouth and throat! 5 Weeks pregnant...Need help!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Georgina, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Georgina

Georgina New IL'ite

Hi Ladies - I am 5 weeks pregnant and taking medication for hypothyroidism. I am experiencing severe dryness in mouth and throat especially during the night. I am drinking more and more water. But no relief. Have you had any such experiences? Kindly throw in your experiences and known solutions.

I am visiting my gynecologist next week but still wanted to get your opinions and thoughts.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

2. Soulsong

Soulsong Silver IL'ite

Hi,

even i face the same problem.. I am around 7 week pregnant, my nose gets all congested at night and i need to breath through my mouth..that in turn dries up my nose and throat. So i keep sipping water and keep dragging myself to the restroom every hr or so..
    Even the humidifier is not helping me.. Have you tried using humidifier?

3. Georgina

Georgina New IL'ite

Hi,
    No I havent tried using humidifier. We are planning to get one and hope it helps. I wish and hope it is only because of the breathing through the mouth and not a side effect of the medication. I m quite worried too, since this is taking away all the little sleep I could get :(

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Dryness of throat and mouth can be for many reason. Pregnancy comes with so many new developments in body. It can be due to climate. If it is not climate then can be due to fluctuation in blood sugar levels. Try to cut down your sugar and salt intake, eat mild less spicy food. Dont drink lot of water at bed time it causes lot of pressure in kidney and you may feel uncomfortable. Until you meet the gynaec take diet precaution and chew green cardamom. Green cardamom helps to sombat dryness in mouth. Green cardamom will never cause any problem during pregnancy.

tc,

5. Georgina

Georgina New IL'ite

Hi Padmash,

Thanks a lot for the tips. Will definitely follow them !