Glucose test result interpretation

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by skyinsc, Oct 25, 2013.

1. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

i had my Glucose blood test 2 days back. Was fasting for 2 hrs and glucose drink was given at 4 PM.drank it in 5 min and blood was drawn after 1 hr. today i got my result online and it is 128.00 MG/DL and normal limit mentioned is : <140.00 (doctor said she will call if the results are abnormal and i didnt get a call which means my gynec is ok with the results). i know my result is with in normal range but is this considered on the higher side of the limit ?
    i started including quinoa in my diet as a precaution (based on suggestion by other IL members to avoid GD) but still i couldn't help myself and avoid white Rice completely. i sneak in Rice/chocolates whenever i can and i haven't completely cut white Rice from my diet. i was just wondering if level 128 means it is towards the higher side of borderline 140 and need to be more cautious than i am currently about having White Rice or can i continue with my sneaking in of Rice :8)?!

2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

No need at all :) 128 after drinking glucose means its very good. Don't give up your proper diet. Remember a fall in sugar levels can be more dangerous than having higher glucose. So listen to your doctor and don't change things unless she asks.

3. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Thank you Shreya.

1 person likes this.