Any remedy for severe vomiting during early pregnancy ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by HasiniS, Oct 22, 2013.

1. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Dear ones,

I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have severe vomiting. As soon as wake up in the morning I vomit bile ( sorry for TMI ).

The whole day there is a burning hunger kind of feel in my stomach. It doesn't look like heart burn to me. I had the same with my earlier pregnancy. But that time I used to just sleep all the time and pushed my pregnancy. But now I have my 4 year old son so after DH leaves to office I am unable to manage anything.
    Do anyone of you have any relief for me please? Its so touch to manage and I feel so sick all the time I am awake. So I leave my son in school and sleep whole time which I hate to do now as it makes me so stressed to keep sleeping without doing anything.

As soon as[​IMG] I wake up I have that burning feeling. I tried antacid. Not much help. Infact the taste of antacid makes me feel sick. I tried ginger sweets and that too didn't help me.

Please suggest any remedy !!
    Thanks !!

2. MrsUdhayaSatish

MrsUdhayaSatish New IL'ite

Try eating raisins or dried cranberry (Craisins from Costco). They helpmed me a lot during the first trimester

1 person likes this.
  3. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Thanks Udhaya ... I will try raisins as I have it at home. I hope this helps me...
    Thanks again for your quick response :)

4. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

I feel sorry for you. Don't feel bad about sleeping whole time. It is a phase and it will pass. Vomiting will reduce by second trimester for most people. If it persists and if you are losing lot of weight, doctors might prescribe you with some medicines. Don't worry. There is a solution to your problem.

1 person likes this.
  5. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Generally there are home remedies for this morning sickness. My mom used to tell me. She used Dalchin and my aunt used to smell lemon/taste it. So generally Nuts, Citrus fruits , Giner are used to throw away thsi morning sickness. Once again I will confirm with her how she uised to take and timimgs and let you know.

1 person likes this.
  6. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Thank you simplemom... I hope and pray this phase pass by soon ...

7. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Thanks Madhavi for your suggestions.

Unfortunately lemon, ginger didn't help me ... Will try cinnamon ... I am ready to try anything under the sun !! Thanks for taking efforts for me. Do let me know how and when I should take it. Thanks a ton !!