Benefits of epidural

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Kirthikadinesh, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Kirthikadinesh

Kirthikadinesh New IL'ite

Hi all,

I'm 33 weeks pregnant , I would like to know if anyone had used Epidural for painless labour, would be helpful if you can share ur experience and sideeffects if any.

Also, any idea on delivery charges in MMM hospital for normal and C-Section?

Thanks,
    Kirthika

2. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

Epidural are completely safe. It has no side effects . I had my first baby without epidural. I had long labour and I was very tired when it was time to push. hence , it took long for me to push. For my second baby I took epidural . I slept well through out my labour. Hence, I was not tired while pushing and I could push the baby out in 5 minutes. Epidural will make the lower portion of you body (below the hips) numb but you will still feel when it is time to push. My advice would be to take epidural.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kirthikadinesh

Kirthikadinesh New IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

4. Susmithavijay

Susmithavijay Bronze IL'ite

My labor was like picnic to me all thanks to epidural. It's completely safe n don't believe in the websites telling it got side effects. I didn't have any. But see that u get it injected by a very experienced anaesthetist and prefer good hospital for ur delivery. Gud luck!

3 people like this.
  5. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Epidural may not be given unless you dilate to some levels? You will have contractions, pain associated with them etc. After you take epidural, you may be pain free. But before the epidural, there will be some pain.

6. 27mom

27mom Senior IL'ite

EPIDURAL.... NO PAIN is the biggest pain... i always testify for epidural... no side effects at.all... it saved my day and because of it i am not worried to be preg again... get it from an experienced good doctor and ur delivery will be just another thing in your life....all the best!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

but isn't taking the epidural painful in itself?

8. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

In most cases, NO.

1 person likes this.
  9. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

only the first anesthesia what they give before putting the epidural is painful a bit.
    but when they put the epidural, you would be numb so you wont get any idea as to whats happening at your back. however with all the pain of contractions you would be undergoing, you wouldnt concentrate on this.

Some people say post epidural delivery, it gives back pain. I am not sure if this is true for all or not

1 person likes this.