Period during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by amour, Sep 22, 2013.

1. amour

amour New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm 4 weeks pregnant and I got my period yesterday evening? Does it mean that I'm having a miscarriage or is it normal in early pregnancy?
    had anybody already experienced this?

Thanks in advance,

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Are you sure you were pregnant? Usually we confirm pregnancy at 4 weeks.

If you are sure about pregnancy and you are having bleeding then consult your ob/gyn immediately. If you are spotting then take bed rest. Keep your legs elevated. Talk to your obgyn about spotting.

1 person likes this.
  3. Soulsong

Soulsong Silver IL'ite

Some amount of bleeding early in the pregnancy is normal.. It could vary from slight spotting to bleeding. This could be implantation bleeding where the egg gets embedded into the uterus.
    Some cramping like the ones during periods is common too. But if period like bleeding (with chunks of blood clots) happens with severe cramping ..both together..that could be a sign of miscarriage.

Whatever mention about this to your doc in your next visit
    best regards

4. amour

amour New IL'ite

Thank you for your answers. Yes ramyaramani, im sure for the pregnancy, i've done the pregnancy test + blood test , both are positive.
    Soulsong, my bleeding seems more like a normal period but with less quantity, no chunks of blood clots. I'll call the Gyn tomorrow.
    Thanks

5. ishvisahaani

ishvisahaani Senior IL'ite

Vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy is common. It is because of implantation bleeding, cervical or vaginal infection. No need to worry if you have bleeding without pains. Though spotting during early pregnancy is normal, it is a good idea to visit your doctor. He will do an ultrasound scan to check whether your pregnancy is normal. Sometimes, spotting can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy, so it is better to do a thorough check. Check here for all possible causes 22 Causes of Vaginal Bleeding During Pregnancy

6. nagasahithya

nagasahithya New IL'ite

Sometimes Bleeding may happen when the fertilized egg implants into the lining of your uterus. However, it is suggested to call your doctor right away, when it is spotting. Sometimes, it may go wrong.