Please help,Fever in 8th week of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Krishnasai, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Krishnasai

Krishnasai New IL'ite

Hi,

I was wondering anybody has fever in 8 th week of pregnancy.Is Tylenol safe to take? I took Tylenol once( I got 100.4) and it seems the fever came to normal, But had that feeling whether tylenol is safe? How many can you take?Can you take Halls?What precautions to take not getting fever again?
    Thanks a lot in advance for your replys.

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Krishnasai, Doctors say generally it's safe to take Paracetomal if you have fever during pregnancy. Any other fever medicine/pain killer like analgin,aspirin, ibuprofen etc., should not be taken without doctor's advice. If you get fever often (i can't say much coz i didn't get fever during my pregnancy) it's best to ask your doctor before taking any self medication. This rule you must adhere to until the time your baby is weaned off mother's milk. Latha

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I second what Latha said - take Paracetomol/Tylenol for a couple of days and see (you can take once in 6 hours - maximum 4 doses in a 24 hr period). Any fever beyond that or any other worrying symptoms see your doctor. Fever in pregnancy is not normal or part of pregnancy. It usually means you have an infection of some sort. Most of the time it may be harmless, but sometimes it can be the only symptom of a urinary tract infection which needs antibiotics. So wait and watch - hope you get well soon.

Vanathi.

4. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi krishnasai,

i had a bad flu with fever and shivering in 24th week and had to take 2 panadol tbts every 6 hrs for 3 days...then had a relapse and doc continued the same medicine, she told me panadol and tylenol are the only safe medicines for cold/fever during pregnancy...
    get well soon!:)

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

check up if you are constipated
    try clearing bowels
    if necessary with an enema

during fever
    take very light food
    preferably only liquids..
    warm water bath

after you get over fever