how to avoid pregnancy???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by BuviVishal, Aug 22, 2013.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi friends

I am a new mom for 4 months old dd.. Mine is c section.. Still periods is not coming yet..wirhout protecion we had IC... We need a gap for second kid. Kindly help me how to break this pregnancy.. Next day of IC i had pinapple juice.. Since period is not cominh i am unablr to confirm wether its formed or not.. I am worrying.

Please guide me

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Buvi: I am not sure how to avoid it. The only thing I can think off is to take a HPT after 20 day of IC. Do you think you ovulated at that time. Since you're BF your kid its hard to get periods this early and thats another reason hard to say if you conceived or not. Best course is HPT. Good luck. Hopefully it will turn good for you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

How long was this ago? Morning after pills are available over the counter. Its called Ipill in India...no?
    If taken within 72 hours, it will prevent the pregnancy.

3 people like this.
  4. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I heard; till 6 months womens fertility is low and later fertility rate increas to 080-90
    you can take HPT after 3-4 wks so...tablet at this time big No...as you are EBF ...
    and baby is still not solids yet also ..

so my answer is finger cross...:thumbsup

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You sure? this is not supposed to effect the baby at all while breast feeding.

6. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Protection is the best option, you can also get home ovulation tests and make sure you are not ovulating before IC, since you are not having a period there is a chance you are not ovulating regularly yet.

7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Yes Rakhii
    They are called iPill...but then they are little dangerous too.I heard it can create complications in next pregnancy.

And OP one of my cousin drank pineapple juice (for many days) to get rid of the pregnancy but it didnt help.
    Like others said its a possibility that because you are BFing you havent got periods.Believe it or not i got it 11 months after delivery.Thats my hereditary.

But then you should have been careful.If it happened 2-3 weeks back then i think a pregnancy kit can confirm if you are pregnant or not.

8. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

ANything consumed while BF a small fraction of component goes to milk production. And this is hormonal tablet. Generally docs dont recommend even hair dye/coloring also at this time.

9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks for quick reply...

Ovualtion process wil be starting when periods stopped. Am i right??? Then how i wil be ovaluated with ebf

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you haven't had a single period since your last delivery, then it is very likely that you haven't ovulated. But it isn't an exact science. There is some chance that you did ovulate and conceive before you get your period. If this happened within the last 72 hours, as Rakhii said use a morning after pill. If not, pineapple juice etc., are not going to help. You will have to wait to get a positive test and evaluate your options after that.

1 person likes this.