Pregnancy in Mumbai?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by saks12, Jul 8, 2013.

1. saks12

saks12 New IL'ite

Hey IL,

I'm a big fan of this site and have been a silent visitor for ages but this is the first time I decied to participate! Reason? I just found out I'm pregnant! No one knows yet=not even my parents! Im waiting 4 confirmation from a path lab before I can tell them (So far i know because of a home test + some nausea)! But I am sure of it.

I saw some old posts about pregnancy costs, has anyone recently had a baby in india who can give details about the current costs? especially mumbai?

If so, what are the costs involved? I am lost! I'm from an average middle class family so by knowing I can to financially prepare for it.

I'm also considering the holistic alternatives like water birth. What is a good water birthing doc in mumbai? so far I've heard of this place in Bandra/Khar but I'm worried about cost factor. Please suggest! Thank you!

2. yellowglass1

yellowglass1 Junior IL'ite

hello,
    I am 22weeks now and also looking for natural birthing centres in mumbai. where have you done it? i am worried because of unnecssary c-sections done in mumbai hospitals

3. saks12

saks12 New IL'ite

I went to an old clinic called Daftary's in Juhu. The doctor who manages the deliveries there focuses on natural birth and not C-section. But he also induces many of his patients, episiotomy (stitches), and gives pitocin. If you wish to avoid all that i have heard of natural birthing doulas/midwives you can hire, I can share the # via PM if you are still interested. Take care and all the best!

4. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

I think ppl can suggest better options if you can also put in the location you are staying. you can check with neighbours/ friends who have recently delivered. there are many hospitals who deliver C-section without particular reason. At my time that was around 4 yrs bck it was around 1 lakh for C-section(varies from hosp to hosp mine was normal though).

I would suggest you check for C-sec then make arrangements according to that. you never know when things change. any hospital you go to, make sure the dr is available at night too. try to have a hospital closer to your place.