Second time Moms-to-Be & Moms

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Livinglife, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Hello !

I am 12 weeks along right now & have a 3yr old (avg weight). I thought it is ok to pick her up occasionally, but a few of my friends suggest to not lift her at all anymore !!!

What do you ladies suggest ?

2. shwethashukla

shwethashukla Junior IL'ite

i dont think it will be a problem. i used to lift my son when i was pregnant with my daughter.

god willing nothing will happen dont worry.

take care,
    Shwetha

3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

it is ok as long as you limit the amount of lifting. I checked with my doc yesterday she said the same thing too.

4. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Livinglife! My doctor asked me to limit to the maximum of 40lbs...that too not regular/all the time. But once a while is ok. My SIL though doesnt allow me to lift her baby. I have read mothers being concerned and asking this question in baby center and the replies are that other mothers do lift. My advice is just limit the amount of lifting.

1 person likes this.
  5. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

I asked my gynec the same question and he started laughing. he said 'I don't think you have an option not to lift your toddler'.
    I have a 2 yr old and sometimes I just can't help lifting, may be just to soothe him for a boo boo. Dr said it is ok as long as you don't do it for long periods or feel stressed/out of breath etc.

1 person likes this.
  6. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Exactly ! sometimes you really dont have the option :) .... Thanks all for your input.

7. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

I also want to lift my son but my dr has advised me not to lift heavy wt. Sometimes, I just bend with my knees down and cuddle him up. Missing the times how I used to lift him once he wakes up and when he comes running to me after school hours...

8. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have a 25 month old and I now 34 weeks pregnant. I have been lifting my DD right from the beginning. It is unavoidable. You just can stop lifting your toddler. You can only gradually reduce it to some extent.

1 person likes this.