My mother AND my husband in the delivery room

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by klookindo, May 6, 2013.

1. klookindo

klookindo New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I live in Chennai, and I am almost 15 weeks along into my first pregnancy. I am trying to find a good OB/GYN who will allow both my mother AND my husband to be in the labor room with me when my baby is born. My OB/GYN (Dr. Srikala Prasad) told me that apparently no private hospital in Chennai allows a woman to be accompanied by even one relative (let alone the two I want with me!), and after reading some of the posts on this website, I know that is simply not true. My cousin had her baby in Hyderabad last year, and her OB/GYN allowed both her mother and her husband to be in the labor room and still allowed them to remain with her despite having to do an emergency C-section (no, my cousin's doctor was not a family friend or anybody known to her). Based on her speaking to her friends, my cousin told me that it seems to be fairly common in Hyderabad where doctors allow 2 family members in. I don't know how to go about finding another doctor in Chennai who will accommodate my request, and if I can't find somebody, then I am seriously considering flying to Hyderabad to have my baby there. I hope I won't have to do that but if I don't have options, I might just have to. Please help me! Thank you for your help in advance. I really appreciate it!

2. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Congrats on your pregnancy and take care of your health
    My sister had her twin babies delivered in anna nagar hospital and they allowed her husband in the labour room. I will find out the hospital name and let you know.

3. klookindo

klookindo New IL'ite

Hi vsharma! But I am looking for a place that will allow both my mother AND my husband - I need them both!!! Please do pass along the info from your sister, and I will call and find out. Could you please also ask her the name of her doctor? Many thanks!!!

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

A couple of years back, my cousin had her delivery in Malar hospital, Adyar. Her husband was allowed in the labour room. Not sure about the doctor name. May be you can try there?!

Congrats on your pregnancy and wish you loads of luck! :)

5. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

I have never heard of 2 people in the labour room. My sil had her delivery in Hyd and only her husband(my bro) was allowed..

6. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Vellore CMC . My DH and mom were with me in the labour . I did it quick . 2 hrs :-D .

7. klookindo

klookindo New IL'ite

you'll be surprised at the number of people who are allowed 2 people in the labor room! it just depends on the doctor and the hospital.

8. klookindo

klookindo New IL'ite

Thanks, will check with Malar hospitals. But usually the hospital leaves it up to the discretion of the doctor.

9. klookindo

klookindo New IL'ite

Nice! Not sure if CMC Vellore is an option for me though, but maybe it will be my backup option! Thanks! And who was your doctor?

10. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

I'd my delivery in Seethapathi Hospital , Royapetah . And my Mom and DH were there wilth me in the labour room.You can fix an appointment and visit the doctor there .

Smitha