Facial skin changes - Is it normal?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by radhee, Feb 28, 2008.

1. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Dear all:

Of late, I have noticed that my facial skin has become very coarse and rough. Have not got any acne, but the texture has become very rough. This is only on the face. Elsewhere, it is fine. I am 10 weeks now. Is it normal in pregnancy? Will it ever get back to normal again? Am little worried...:confused:

Regards,
    Radhee.

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Totally normal and things will get back to normal about 6 - 8 weeks after delivery.

Vanathi.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

yes radhee... absolutely normal. one of my friends had blackened neck throughout her pregnancy and then it vanished in due course after delivery. if you develop some itchiness then ask your doctor immediately. otherwise apply moisturising cream meant for extra dry skin to keep it replinished. Latha

4. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Radhee,

I think its normal to have some pigmentation of skin. I developed some nasty marks during my first trimester on my face, then my Ob-Gyn gave me a gel to apply, which has some good effect and the marks have now almost vanished.

I recently started taking iron tablets, and my neck has also started looking darker - but my sis who had similar problem during her pregnancy said that her neck got back to its regular color after delivery.

So, not to worry. If your marks become really bad or bother you so much, then you can ask your doc for some side-effect free cream for it. But don't try anything on your own. Always check with your doc first.

Take care.

5. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanathi, Latha, and Geetha,

Thank you so much for all your reassurances. I am not using any cream or anything, but the other day I felt so bad to touch it, so I used sugar scrub with soap and it became all the more visible and red...so got very worried and thought it will remain like that hereafter...Thanks once again for reassuring...

Latha & Geetha, when are you both due...Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy.

Smiles,
    Radhee.

6. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear radhee,

congrats dear ..............enjoy your pregnancy to the maximum

i pray for a safe delivery too.

love
    padma

7. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Dear Padma,

Yeah, it feels very nice to be pregnant. This is my first baby, so we are all the more excited. Thanks so much for your wishes. That was very nice of you..:)

Smiles,
    Radhee.

8. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Radhee,

I am on my 31st week and am due in the first week of May (May 6th). When are you due.

Take care.

9. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

hi all,

Even my neck has become dark since the last 2 weeks and for the last one week i feel itchiness throughout my body...my legs have become more dry and all the time i keep scratching my legs and tummy area which sometimes irritates me a lot..
    does any one feel this way?..

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Maha, I didn't develop any darkness in the neck but when I was about 33 weeks pregnant with my boy i developed severe itching in my thighs and also rashes. My doctor said I had a possible allergy to the placental liquid and so gave me some anti-allergic medications. Also I applied calamine lotion to soothe the irritation. If it's really bad please ask your doctor. But generally calamine lotion is good for dry and irritable skin. Also try using turmeric powder after bath. Latha