PROM in second trimester and then successful pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Swatir23, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,:hiya

I have lost my twins pregnancy in 16 week due to PROM(Premature rapture of membrane) :bowdown..my water broke for 1 baby and all aminotic fluid was bursted out within second...and nothing after that ....but afterwards doctor suggested me abortion and I underwent D & E.

They told reason uterus not growing proportionately for twins.
    doctor says once uterus grew till 16 week next time it will grow properly and also they will give me some weekly injections to avoid PROm.

right now I am forced to away from TTC as my husband also underwent accident same day and he undergone bone surgery for leg and needs 6 months time to recover.

my question is that has anyone experienced PROm and then successful carried next preg? what different things u did next time etc...please share ....:idea

2. LuvUMom

LuvUMom Silver IL'ite

Swathi, sorry for what you had gone through. Do you know if you dilated before pprom? What I heard about this is - generally pprom occurs after 24 weeks....if you pprom earlier, the actual cause could be cervical insufficiency i.e painless dilation which leads to pprom. Google incompetent cervix or cervical insufficiency if you are not familiar about it. I am not a doctor and I might be wrong but I am just mentioning it so you know. Did you doctor suggest cervical cerclage/stitch during next pregnancy? Sorry I couldn't be much help to you.

3. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi lavumom,
    Thanks for the reply...i wanted to hear from ladies who experienced PRom before 28 week and lost babies and then successful preg....but didnt get any such reply ...thanks for replying me .

i also thought same that it might be cervical cerclage but my doctor says if its so all will come out means baby ,sac and other component of preg...in my case only water broke and then nothing happend till next 5 days.

he explained me with digram that if uterus does not grow proportionately means it gives pressure on water sac and it burst ,i also had bleeding from my 8th week till my 16 week of preg.

but i have convinced him for giving stiches to cervix next time.

4. LuvUMom

LuvUMom Silver IL'ite

Swathi,

I lost my pregnancy at 19 weeks last year. I rushed to emergency as I was experiencing back pain and I was told that I dilated. After couple of days I went into labor, membranes ruptured and delivered a still born. The baby was healthy when inside, it is just that my cervix didnt cooperate. Contrary to what your doctor mentioned, I had to go for a D&C after the delivery since placenta did not come out. I was told that mine is cervical issue. Good luck! I would recommed being on modified bedrest the next time.

5. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

did u have successful preg after this? mine was IVF preg .....i was on bed rest from 8th week when i started bleeding ...but my bleeding didn't stop till 16 week and i had PROm....i had started little walking i house after 12 th week.

6. LuvUMom

LuvUMom Silver IL'ite

Not yet. We are not ttcing currently. Will wait couple more months.