Urinary Track infection on first trimester!!!Please Help me

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by saishree13, Apr 16, 2013.

1. saishree13

saishree13 New IL'ite

hi all,
    i am 12 weeks preg ...last week i went for checkup to my doctor,after ultrasound i told her that i feel frequent urination....she suggested me a urine analysis and told i have urinary infection...:(,she put me on antibiotics for 5 days...i am sacred to take any tablets during pregnancy except the vitamin supplements and i asked doctor whether this antibiotic is needed??? she said i should take the tablets because untreated UTI may cause problem in 3rd trimester she said....,i already lost one baby before 5 months around 9 weeks so i am so so scared to take any tablets now....,from that day i am drinking minimum 3 liters of water and taking minimum one tender cocunut everyday...But i did t take the medicine except 1 tablet that too was forced by my hubby....i don t know what to do....kindly help me to overcome my anxiety...i will be so so thankful to ur experiences and input for my query

2. Sneha2000

Sneha2000 New IL'ite

Do take the tablets.It will definitely cure UTI.It is very critical to resolve the issue now.Also try taking cranberry juice.It will help

3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

don't take acid food stuffs like lemon curd etc.,

take plenty of water
    first thing in the morning you should have 200 - 300 ml of water it is good for your heal even after delivery too...

per day you must have 3 - 4 liters of water
    more urination is must. you should not allow the bladder full

if you feel too much pain take tamarind ( about close hand full ) and chock in the water crush take that extract (water should be less to make the extraction as concentrated )

I will pray for your speedy recovery and have peaceful delivery.

4. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

Throughout ur pregnancy pls drink jeera water, about a handful of them in water and allow to boil. It wud take care of a lot of things like urinary infections, digestive issues, body heat, etc. Is the urinay infection external or internal? Do you hv a burning sensation when u pass urine? I was given citralka solution for urinary infection but I wasn't preggy then...

5. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

I had UTI in my first trimester and have a healthy baby boy now...please dont skip the tablets...I infact had recurrent UTI's and I never skipped a tablet every time...juz follow what your doc says to the T and as other have suggested, cranberry juice,lots of water can help to an extent but only the antibiotics will cure it completely...

6. shiltalks

shiltalks Silver IL'ite

I had urinary infections during both my pregnancies. But I was very confident of my doc and took the medication she advised. Doctors will not normally prescribe medication if it is in any way harmful for the unborn child.
    I understand your anxiety due to your earlier experience, but I don't think a urinary infection will clear up on its own. If you want to, get a second opinion, if that will give you more confidence. But you should not delay on taking your medication. Also ensure that you complete the entire course for the medication.
    Continue drinking 3 liters of water - that will help prevent any recurrence.
    All the best!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  7. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Hi !
    I had uti in my first trimester and as per doc advice I took antibiotics and I feel its very imp to take medication at right time as untreated uti is even more dangerous and can cause premature labour and also infection can pass to the baby . In fact I would suggest that you go for urine culture also as it can give the doc better idea about what antibiotic to give based on the organism which comes in the report.
    Besides that tender coconut, lots of water and by lots I mean lots:) and fresh juices etc also help a lot.

8. Priya123

Priya123 New IL'ite

Are you all done with your deliveries? Baby is normal and healthy? I am asking because i have been asked to take antibiotics now and i am in second trimester.

Thanks,
    Priya

9. Sailajahemanth

Sailajahemanth Silver IL'ite

Hi priya,

just now I saw your post..I know it's too late but I thought I will share my experience..I had urinary infection when I was pregnant with my daughter. I had UTI during the third trimester end..even I was so scared but I followed my doctor's advice and had all the tablets. Later I felt glad for doing that. I delivered my daughter safely. So my advice is go for it.

Have a safe pregnancy. Good luck !

10. Awife

Awife Bronze IL'ite

I have read on wikipedia that Cranberries are good for UTI. Please check.