22 weeks pregnant and pain and discomfort! help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by tulip2012, Feb 11, 2013.

1. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends, I am 22 weeks preg and my first child was born on 32 week as a result of membrane rupture.
    now my present doc is a very busy lady and she wont say anything unless i ask.
    i understand tehre is a risk of premature birth and so we are taking great care.

I am having a prob of very freq urination and so I am reducing my water intake.
    I feel some kind of pain in my lower abdomen and extremely week.
    I am a working wonam, working from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and manages to take 15 mins rest during lunch.
    I am kind of worried now and thinking if I should change the doc.
    I am having some kind of pain - its not intense - some thing like streching in the left side especially and kind of pressure in the vagina.
    Last scan doc said baby is fine and has not come down or anything.
    Need your advice friends?
    Any one exp same issues?

2. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Dear tulip, my sincere advice to you is to call the doctor immediately and clarify.
    Please dont hesitate.
    Also try if you can work from home or take leave as there are high chances of early delivery.
    At home also, pl take complete rest. Dont lift your kid or any items Nor do hard work.

I am saying it out of my personal experience. Dont ignore.
    Wish you a safe delivery.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Please call the doc or go to hospital immediately. Being first child born prematurely, be careful with second one. Take lot of rest and try to work from home if you can.

1 person likes this.
  4. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Tulip,

If you are experiencing pain, please seek medical advice. You may be advised bed rest for some time.

love,
    kylie

1 person likes this.
  5. moukthika9

moukthika9 Gold IL'ite

I think you should change your doc immediately,because a good doc should take care of her patients irrelevant of her busy schedule.Changing doctor may be very difficult for you now,but don't think about it.because your baby is important to you than any other difficulty.after changing doc,do proper checkup with your new doc as pain is a bad thing during pregnancy.

1 person likes this.
  6. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    i will suggest go and meet ur doc,i had premature membrane rapture and lost my twins at 16 weeks in last month 1 week before i had waterly discharge but i decided to go after 1 week and that costed me so big loss....dont ignore any pain.

1 person likes this.
  7. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Thank you so much for all your suggestons. Though i told my doc she was rather cool about it, but I was strongly having a difficult feeling.
    So we consuled anotehr doc, a leading gynaec in town. The reason why I did not consult er earlier was because of the difficulty in getting appoinment. now as per her I am asked to take complete rest as there are some issues.
    It was better if a stitch was done at 3 rd moth. She said something like cervocal length is short and there is the tendency for membrane rupture and it is already not that good condition. she examined me intyernally where as my prv doc just used to depend on scannong only every month. she never examines w/0 the scanning machine.Prev doc also did not recommend much rest but this doc said avoid travel by all means and can just got o office if really neeed and then to hosp
    She gave a strict NO to shopping also. Thank you all so much for your advices and I should say my SIL and MIL are the ones who insisted that i should see htis doc. Thank ful to them also

3 people like this.
  8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Tulip

has the new DR suggested to do cervical cerclage procedure?

9. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

no, she had told about some stitches in 3 rd month. Now its too late for the same

10. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

Hi ssm014, think that was recommened - ijust googled - but cant do now