Is it safe to do threading and waxing during 4th month of pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by needinfo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. needinfo

needinfo New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Please suggest Is it safe to do threading and waxing during 4th month of pregnancy?

Thanks in advance.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I don't think there is a problem as long as there is no "bad chemicals" used for it. Threading usually done by a thread, and not with any chemical lotions.

In 2010, when I was just 5 month preg, I did, facial, threading, manicure and pedicure for a wedding ceremony of my cousin. I consulted my gyneae and she said it is OK.
    But she didnt allow me to rebound my hair during that time, and even after the baby is born for this "serious chemical intake".

1 person likes this.
  3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Why take a risk as it depends on individual also.It depends on how healthy you are and the skill of the person doing it too.Wait for some months as your little one is very precious.

4. rashmi19

rashmi19 Bronze IL'ite

hi ...
    I personally think there is no problem in hands & under arms waxing . i am also 2 months pregent & recently i did hand waxing & facial (normal friut facial).
    but i am not sure about legs waxing (half or full).

Rashmi

5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

what's threading and waxing got to do with pregnancy?

i am sure you can do it, and moreover i have heard you have to get it shaved before delivery, so why waxing hands and legs at 5 months a problem?

1 person likes this.
  6. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

hey,

i too say threading and waxing are safe to do. If you are being doing waxing/threading before pregnancy then it is fine. My gynec suggested 'NO' only for hair coloring as it has more chemicals involved.

7. priyakanth

priyakanth Silver IL'ite

Why to take risk? Leave it for another 2-3 months. I have heard threading is not advisable during pregnancy.

priya.kanth

8. saran27

saran27 Senior IL'ite

hi,
    why u wanted to do threading and waxing when u r pregnant? both process involves lot of pain ...when doing waxing u will feel some jerks due to pain...so better avoid it,for threading also its better not to do now.....!! Think there are many women who wants baby badly and undergo infertility treatments and scarifies so many things just to get a pregnancy positive test....God has given u a baby easily does t mean u can take advantage of ur baby....sorry for being rude....since i know how much a baby mean...... i am telling this to u...pls concentrate on ur baby and enjoy the motherhood...u can do all these beauty things once u deliver the baby...I hope UR BABY WANTS A CARING MOM THAN A BEAUTIFUL MOM...!!

nivsrini, dc24 and SudhaMakesh like this.
  9. SudhaMakesh

SudhaMakesh Silver IL'ite

Threading and waxing has nothing to do with pregnancy.. but it is better to avoid because the pain you undergo stresses the baby... Threading you can say simple two min process.... but waxing the sudden ripping pain jerks the baby... after all it is up to your pain threshold limit too...

Bleaching and hair coloring are those things must be avoided while pregnancy.

10. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame