11 Wks pregnant: pain in the left side of stomach

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by manisha.sanjay, Jan 27, 2008.

1. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

hi friends,
    i m now in 11 weeks n i m having pain in stomach at left side.frm 2-3 days while sleeping i feel pain.is it due to gas problem??or some other reason.
    i m also having gas problem ,any home remedy to get rid of it.as i m still having nausea i m not able to eat regular food n so i m on southindian food like idli n utappa.
    Help n suggestions on this r required as i have my checkup after 1 week.

thanks in advance

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: help

HI Manisha,
    Congrats on your pregnancy,
    Any change in you and this time should be notified to the doctor. If the appointment after a week, ask his/her advice over the phone. Is it possible over there to contact the doctor over the phone?
    Don;'t take any chances, even if it is a minor one.

sriniketan

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear manisha'
    in the 2-3 mth of pregnancy one does have pain in lower half of the stomach.take rest & do everything in slow motion i.e walk slowly,turn side on bed slowly etc.
    if u r too worried its better to consult doctor.u do not have to wait for ur monthly chk up to clear ur doubts.any time u feel something is not right go & see the doctor.
    try some fruits also.they also help in reducing nausea.
    take care
    pragati

4. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

thanku both of u for ur reply.now i m not feeling pain but when i will visit doctor i will ask her reason.

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Most often the pain is only skin deep - this is generally due to stretching of the ligaments in preparation for the growing baby. With regard to nausea, drinking sips of buttermilk helps reduce it. Starchy foods also help by maintaining your blood sugar. Try to eat easily digestible foods in small quantities at very frequent intervals to prevent big drop in blood sugar. You can also ask your DH to bring you a snack or a drink even before you wake up - that way you have something in your stomach before you brush your teeth - brushing , gargling on empty stomach can trigger gag reflex. Keep yourself well hydrated with atleast 2 liters of fluids. Limit extremely salty or deep fried foods. Try not to cook as the 1st thing in the morning and wait till you eat something & stabilize yourself before entering the kitchen. Hope this helps.

-L.

6. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and for gas I use ginger chutney every day.
    My first spoon of rice is mixed with a spoon of ginger chutney and some ghee and I eat it. I dont eat more than a spoon of it. I cant stand raw garlic so I dont use it.
    Also eat frequently, but have smaller meals

7. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

You can check with your doctor as well, but mostly it could be due to round ligament pain - stretching of muscles/ligaments. It happens when you change positions or make abrupt movements (switching from one side to another). However to be on the safe side, call the doctor.