36 weeks pregnant - bubbles all over the body

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by lavy12, Nov 14, 2012.

1. lavy12

lavy12 Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

My sis in law is 36th week pregnant. Now she started scraching all over body and after a day we found that she is having a blisters all her hand, leg, tummy which looks very bad. She scraches through out the day and she is not able to tolerate this and now she started taking bath 5 times in a day.

she went to gyne, dermatologist but nothing helped her.

kindly help what can be done.

lavy

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

though i dint have blisters, i had a lot of itching all over my legs and hands before delivery..my gynae had given me some lotion to apply but it dint help me much,...my mom started applying coconut oil mixed with camphor...its relieved me to some extent..try this out..the itching will go immediately after delivery...

3. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

hey lavy is that small ones like the size of mustard seeds or something big?
    is she having a temperature..

just in case - have her checked with an elderly person - need not be a doc though..
    elders are experienced and know stuff better.

kindly rule out any condition of chicken pox.

4. indiangypsy

indiangypsy Silver IL'ite

This sounds very similar to a conditions called PUPPS that occurs during pregnancy. It can also be called skin hypersensitivity during pregnancy. I also got it and it is a miserable thing to get during pregnancy. I'm not sure why the dermatologist was not able to diagnose. Please ask your sis in law to again discuss with her ob/gyn who can then refer to a dermatologist. Any itching in late pregnancy needs to be taken seriously by the ob/gyn.

The rashes start out as small insect bites and then become large hives that cover the body. If this is PUPPS, using calamine lotion should give some relief (safe during pregnancy). OTC antihistamines can also be used with the doctor's okay. For an extensive problem though, only prescription steroids can help so contacting a doctor is a must. The steroids give very quick relief (mine were in control within a week). However, the rashes themselves will not go till delivery if the issue is PUPPS. Please have the condition diagnosed. Good luck!

5. lavy12

lavy12 Silver IL'ite

Dear Indiangypsy,

I think you are write. She is however applying calamine lotion prescribed by dermatologist. But her itching problem still remains the same after 1 hour of applying the lotion. Hence she ends up taking bath 5-6 times a day and apply this lotion after bath.

As you said it has spread all over the body except chest and face and whole day she scratches herself like mad.

When do you thick it would stop.

6. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Same thing happen with me after delivery...my Gyno advise me a tablet....lotion is not helpful..ask ur gyno

7. indiangypsy

indiangypsy Silver IL'ite

Lavy - She is NOT to scratch. That is the worst thing to do since it can cause an infected area. Calamine lotion will not give more than 2 second relief. Like I said antihistamines (allergy medications) like Lorinol (In India) will help but should only be taken under doc's advise. Even these medications will not give more than a few hrs relief. For a bad case, the only solution is steroids. The rashes will not go until 1-2 weeks after delivery.

For me, taking a hot shower made things worse because hot water increases the itchiness. So taking bath in luke warm water is better. Also, the skin has to be constantly moinsturised using an oil based moisturiser. Like you sis in law I also got rashes all over body except face and chest.