Sleeping position during 26th week...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by SSSMagic, Oct 31, 2012.

1. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends...
    Am 26 week pregnent...
    Is it safe to lie on back? I cont sleep on my sides for a long time as my back is paining.. Some time i feel safacating by that time i lie in my sides..
    Is it cause breathing problem for my fetus??
    I never change my position by got off and then change one side to another.. I slowly turn from one side to another.. Is it safe?? I cont wake up in the night for this and am no aware of turning what shall i do??
    Another doubt...
    As i read by this time navel is protrude out side as the expansion of uterus, for me its still the same.. Is it wrong??

2. Simplicity11

Simplicity11 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ssmagic,
    Hope you are doing great.
    Sleeping on sides is advisable during pregnancy however one is not supposed to take too much stress. Sleep as you feel comfortable. It will not cause breathing problem for the fetus. However, in my prenatal class, my midwife told me, if you have to lie down, lie down on your sides and that helps in optimal positioning of the baby. There are pregnancy pillows available in the market that encourage a pregnant woman to sleep on her side comfortably. You may want to try that. But I would say not to worry, thats what my doc said when I asked her if its ok to sleep on my tummy. She said as long as you are comfortable, its fine. I wasn't comfortable so I changed to sleeping on sides. Do check with your doc in your next visit.
    Good luck!

3. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

Actually sleep in any position you find comfortable, actually babies are so flexible that the will adjust to your belly shape. You however will find useful to keep pillows along your side/back.

After 32 week no position will feel comfortable, so moving adjusting every few hours will help, but sleep pattern will be disrupted, maybe nature is trying to get your body used to the coming baby Whois going to wake up every few hours to feed........amazing isn't it!

Good luck and God bless you and the little precious on his way?

4. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Simplicity
    Thanks a lot:):)
    Using pillows on both my sides....

5. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Topaz...
    yeah i need to practiese it:)
    very curious to welcome my LO:)
    Thanks a lot....

6. preeti22

preeti22 Junior IL'ite

Every doctors say that sleep on your left side will increase blood circulation of the baby & all nutrients and oxygen will passes to your baby frequently. so its better to sleep on your left side during your pregnancy for better health of your baby.

1 person likes this.
  7. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Hi SSSMagic,

Congrats on being pregnant. I am experiencing the same situation. Let me explain the underlying fact.

When one sleep on her back, she will be fine. But later, one will feel nauseous or uncomfortable as the blood will not flow properly to the brain. Also, because the baby is below your wind pipe, you will feel short of breath. Its because of this, the side way position is preferred. It is ok to lie on your back for sometime, 5-10 mins till you feel comfortable.

I am in my 30th week and sometimes feel slight back ache. At that time, I lie down on my back for a few mins and then change.

8. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Congrats on your pregnancy!
    It's better o sleep on side.that too left side will increase blood circulation of baby

9. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Magic,

Relax and enjoy your pregnancy! I have answered your questions below and I see no reason to worry though it is normal to feel a little worried and have such doubts.

Is it safe to lie on back?
    It is safe to lie on your back but for 20 mints at a stretch. Try to turn after that.

Is it cause breathing problem for my fetus??
    If your pregnancy is normal and there are no issues your baby will have no breathing problem. You breathe and hence provide oxygen. So breathe deep, breathe happily, breathe relaxed, your baby will breathe heartily too.

I never change my position by got off and then change one side to another.. I slowly turn from one side to another.. Is it safe??
    What you are doing is just fine. Turn slowly, from one side to the back, then the other side.

As I read by this time navel is protrude outside as the expansion of uterus, for me its still the same.. Is it wrong??

Every pregnancy is different. As the abdominal wall expands the navel may protrude out, but not all pregnant women will find it protruding so prominently.

Take Care..

Rakhi

2 people like this.
  10. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot Rakhi:)