Pregnant at 35

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nandhinikn, Oct 25, 2012.

1. nandhinikn

nandhinikn New IL'ite

Dear ILs,

I turned 35 this september, and found out i am pregnant. i had my first kid when i was 24 and it was a normal pregnancy and delivery. we were not planning for a second one and this is an accident. But now my DH wants to continue with it. i am 6 weeks now. i am very scared because of the age factor and have read abt the Downs and other complications related to late pregnancy. Also if i will be able to take care of my DS. i am due in June 2013, but am filled with such negative thoughts, i am unable to take a decision. Please guide me friends. :drowning

2. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Nandhini,

Go for it girl...now a days many women are having kids at a later age....You have a supporting hubby and a elder kid who can love and love the new member in family.After this you can opt to stop.This one is gifted to you and destined to stay with you so just let it grow and you will have your tests and reports in future to nullify your fears.
    If you are financially sound and can take care of this just go for it.....

2 people like this.
  3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nandhini,

Congratulations :)

Nothing to fear as Cutekid said many women have kids at later age also. Go by your husband decision and you will later be proud of your cute baby :) Just take care of yourself and be positive, Dont let any negative thought come in to your mind at this stage.

4. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dear,

congrats n pls hv this baby...
    I got my son at age of 36.
    Now my son is 1 year old.
    God gave my son after 8 years of marriage.

There is nothing to be worry maa..
    U just hv to take heatlhy foods n go for regular
    check ups.

take care n enjoy ur pregnancy.
    God bless u

3 people like this.
  5. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations,
    Ash had her baby at 38 and that to normal delivery. Why it happened for you at this age means god has some beautiful plans for you. Remove all negetive thoughts from your mind and go for it. God bless you and your family.

1 person likes this.
  6. nandhinikn

nandhinikn New IL'ite

Thanks ladies for your replies,

i went to a doc at bangalore when i tested positive and she gave me such horrible replies that by the time i stepped out of her office i was so scared.......she even told me she is not sure what my baby's IQ would be. it might have anomalies etc...

what is the percentage of these anomalies/down syndrome that is diagnosed during scans?

7. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

Well there are concerns with late pregnancies, but many tests(blood) and sonograms can rule out most of the abnormalities at a very early stage!

35 is not really that old, but please see a ob/gyn who is more receptive to you pregnancy. One needs to find a doctor who you can trust, and NOT one that creates fear!

Ask neighbors or friends who have had babies and they will give you names of good obstetricians, try the Apollo clinics, most of those docs tend to be good.

8. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

I had my first baby at 34 and with no issues at all. We have good medication and various facilities available these days which makes things simpler and better. You need not worry if your health is good. Just go for regular checkups and monitor things closely. Wish you all the best.

9. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Congrats Dear
    Please dont be afraid and enjoy this pregnancy.. Go to a good doctor who can support you rather that frighten you..Cloud nine is a good hospital

10. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Think positively, keep your mind always happy as your DH is near you who seems to be very supportive.

Congrats. Prepare yourself to welcome the child and don't fear.