No weight gain even after 19 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by GayatriKarthik, Jul 18, 2012.

1. GayatriKarthik

GayatriKarthik New IL'ite

Hi,

I have completed my 19 weeks and I hardly gained 1.3 kgs within these 19 weeks. My u/s scan says that the baby growth and weight is normal. Is this normal? I even don't feel that I have no energy. The following is my diet routine.
    8 AM - 1 glass milk with protein powder
    9:00 AM - Breakfast poha/idli/upma alongwith a small cup of tea
    11:30 AM - 1 fruit banana
    12:30 PM - lunch - carrots,3 chapatis and sabzi. My doc advised me to include bottlegourd, karela, palak, methi, beetroot more. I m advised to eat these foods 3 times in a week. No cabbage/cauliflower as I don't like it and my thyroid level is increased after the pregnany so doc advised me to cut it.
    3:00 PM - 1 apple
    4:00 PM - I eat some snacks like idli/poha and a cup of small tea
    6:30 PM - 1 cup of milk with protien powder
    8:30 PM - Dinner - rice/rasam/sambhar/sabzi and curd rice

Even after following this routine I haven't gained weight. Is this normal?

1 person likes this.

2. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Gayatri,

If your baby's weight and growth is normal, then there is no cause for alarm. I presume because of your hyperthyroidism, your weight gain is not that much. Just follow the doctor's advice. Is your gynaec aware of your thyroid problem ? Have you checked your levels recently ?

love,
    kylie

3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi gayathri..

Your menu is indeed very good and nutricious.. Taking this menu, and while baby growth is normal, there is no cause for you to worry.. Just be happy secretively that your normal dresses still fit you, baby is healthy and you take in proper nutrition.. Three cheers..

My case, I am in the 18th week now, I am still having a lower weight compared to pre-pregnancy weight, but just like you, all normal.. except for occassional fatigue.. Doc says all normal, enjoy girl :)

Soon, we'l put on weight. after 21st week, whether we like it or not, we will put on weight..

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

btw gayathri, when is your Due? December 2012?

Why dont you join our Dec-Due date club ? We are a huge gang, and enjoy chatting everyday?

5. GayatriKarthik

GayatriKarthik New IL'ite

Hi preethi,

My due date in in 2nd week of December. I thought of joining it but never took it seriously. I will join it. :)

6. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

gayathri, i lost 7 pounds in first trimester when i was having my elder one. weight gain was such a big issue with me but my baby was also normal and she weighed 3.3 kg when she was born. I think it's just body type.