High BP during 37th week of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sendeepa, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Sendeepa

Sendeepa Silver IL'ite

Hi All:

I am in my 37th week of pregnancy. I am still going to office and walking regularly. Everything is normal except that for the past 2 weeks my B.P. has been increasing and it is 150/90 today . Have been taking 5mg Depin for past 2 weeks and Doctor suggested that since I being overweight and having high BP may advise for c-section after scan tomorrow. I have been eating outside for the past 3 or 4 days. Further I am confused about second opinion.
    1. Kindly let me know if eating dark chocolate, avoiding salt and on diet from now will induce natural delivery or it is too late to follow it.
    2. Which Doctor is best in Chennai for second opinion.
    3. Any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

2. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sendeepa,

Some women get mild pre-eclampsia (one of the symptoms is high BP. other symptoms are swelling in hand & foot, protein in urine) towards the later stages of pregnancy. You have safely crossed the 36 week mark and by 37 weeks baby is considered full term. So relax, whatever happens baby and you both will be fine.

In my case, i had severe pre eclampsia at 33 weeks and had to undergo emergency c-sec.
    When i was admitted for it, my doctor told me that if we could prolong the delivery till 36 weeks, then I could try for normal delivery by inducing labor. But unfortunately my condition got worse (190/110) and surgery couldnt be delayed.

If you trust your doctor, then you'd know that what she suggests is for your best. However, it doesnt hurt to ask questions about why c-section, and why not natural delivery. That will give you clear answers and help you choose better.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, and let us know how it went