Feeling very tired before 1 week of periods

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by AnithaPartha, Jun 13, 2012.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,
    Exactly a week before my periods due, I always get tired. Very lazy to do anything kind of. Any ideas ladies? Is this natural?

Also, during ovulation time, i feel some disturbance in my left side abdominal area. All these are managable, but just trying to clarify if it is normal.

2. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

The ovulation pain or discomfort is felt at the time the egg is released from the ovaires. It can be either at the right or left side, if its right side , it means the right ovary is releasing the egg. It is quite normal . I face this every single month. I consider it a blessing in a way,I know exactly when I am ovulating.
    So dont worry, if the pain is too much , hot pack will help alleviate the pain.
    Hope this helps

Shobana

3. AnithaPartha

Shobana,
    I completely agree with you. Yeah, it is a blessing to know when we're ovulating. But, due to experience tiredness before periods due?(like 1 week before)

4. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

The tiredness is because of PMS - Premenstrual Syndrome which is also quite common among women. One of the symptom is feeling tired or lack of energy.It is a physical symptom. Emotionally women may experience anger,irritability, mood swings etc. I guess its all the havoc that harmones create.

Shobana

5. AnithaPartha

Shobana,
    Agreed. My hubby always teases me telling before period also you feel irritated & during period also you're like that.. How will men know all our hormone thing?? !!! :)