Vbac possibility

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by azarun, Jun 11, 2012.

1. azarun

azarun New IL'ite

My wife's age 24 yrs, 1st child c-section in june 2004
    now carrying 38 weeks pregnancy, edd 24 june 2012, weight before pregnancy 67k8, now 72.8kg,
    ultrasound report-fetal heart rate-166bpm
    placenta is fundo anterior grade 3
    no cord is seen around the neck, cervical length-3.7cm
    fetal weight-2.3 kg, liquor volume afi 3cm
    what is a chance of vbac, please suggest as soon as possible
    FETAL PRESENTATION -CEPHALIC

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

2. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Yes she is good candiate for VBAC what did your Doctor say .Make sure the hospital that she is going to deliver supports VBAC

3. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Hey I have being doing a lot of research on VBAC since I want to try as well.... Most of the them say weigh control during pregnancy and also to hold off epidural still 5cm dilated(which if tough)

Let the body go thru the process naturally....and only go to th hospital when the contractions r very close like 3-4min apart..going to hospital early will put pressure by docs fr c-sec.

All the best...plz let be know how it went , I'm really looking forward to hearing your experience.

1 person likes this.
  4. vilasini2409

vilasini2409 New IL'ite

hi everybody,
    my first child was c- sec for the doctor said baby's head is too big to come out. this was in 2006 . after that i am searching for a doctor who will vbac till now. nobody wants to give any assurance and one friend told me only old doctors try for normal deliveries. so the only place is joseph kurian clinic opposite to mvm school. but u have to wait for hrs to meet your doc and they charge abt 75000 for normal delivery. no hospital is willing to to vaginal deliveries as c- sec are more profiitable.

5. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Check out Dr.Shanthi Sanjay at Venkateswara hospital Nandanam. I know of some cases of VBAC that has happened there. Again, trying vaginal birth after c-sec has lots of points to be noted. If your second pregnancy progresses well, and you start dilating a little before due date, head is fixed, and you get labour pains without inducing, then you might be selected for VBAC. Otherwise, doctors cannot take the risk. Neither should you take the risk because its better to have a safe delivery rather than complicate it with VBAC.

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry, completely off topic, what is the legal age for marriage in India?

1 person likes this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rakhii,
    It was 18 years before some years & it seems to 21 these days dear!