When do you start noticing baby hiccups?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by HuggleBuggle, May 9, 2012.

1. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Hi mommies,
    Can some one shed some light on my questions?
    I am almost 27 weeks pregnant, still not able to identify (or my baby not having) hiccups. My baby kicks only for a short time & most of the time feel like moving or rolling in the stomach. Thinking they are kicks not hiccups. I also heard that if baby is not having enough energy s/he will save energy for growing rather for kicking. So not worrying much about kicking but worrying about hiccups.My questions are:
    When do(weeks?) baby usually have hiccups?
    At how many weeks have you noticed them?
    When it's playtime for the baby how long will the baby kicks in the stomach?
    How long will the hiccups last?

Thanks in advance,
    HB

2. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dearest HB,

When do (weeks?) baby usually have hiccups?
    At how many weeks have you noticed them?
    How long will the hiccups last?

Fetal hiccupping is a normal phenomenon that's been felt by many pregnant women and has been observed on many an ultrasound. Your baby may have started hiccupping intermittently beginning in the late first or early second trimester, Some women notice episodes of hiccups — which feel like a series of little rhythmic movements — a number of times a day, while other women only notice them once in a while.

When it's playtime for the baby how long will the baby kicks in the stomach?

The fetal movements vary for the baby and the one person who knows about this is only the pregnant mother.

The baby responds by moving usually after a meal, responds to an activity, voice in the outside world or has its own time to move around, its personal schedule of waking and sleeping. Fetal movements are felt more when the mother is on an empty stomach!

Cool enjoy your baby movements and hiccups. Everything is ok; don’t harp on every little thing you hear around you. Your baby is just fine. Don’t Worry Be Happy!

Love you….

Rakhi

3. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

I have never felt hiccups of my babies anytime. maybe am not that sensitive to hearing or they didnt do much hiccuping, I dont know. Dont sweat too much over these things. As lon as you feel flutters and movements, you are good.

4. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Rakhi,
    I heard people saying, hiccups for a baby is a good sign meaning that they are practicing breathing. So little worried. I once had my stomach moving up & down rhythmically, thought they were kicks. May be they are hiccups. Have to understand more about baby movements.
    mommybird,
    Yes my baby is moving well so I must be good. Thanks for letting me know your experience & boosting some confidence.