Baby complexion

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Ruchi002, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Ruchi002

Ruchi002 New IL'ite

Hi every one.

I am from Delhi. I was blessed with a baby girl on 3rd April . When my baby was born she was fair complexion but now day by day her complexion is getting dull. I don't care about her color complexion for me she is the most beaurtiful girl on this earth but every body at home do comment about her color because of which I really feel hurt. I don't like if some one says any thing agains her color as she not black but yes having dull colour, She is so cute. Actually my hubby is having fair complexion and I am whetish( not dull but not so fair too) . Can any body suggest any remedy to make my baby fair or she will still change her colour as she is just 23 days old and when does a
    baby gets her original colour? Pls help .

2. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

I think by 3 to 4 months they will start returning to their natural color. When I see my kid's old photos, I too feel she had a bit dull skin during second month.It is good that you don't worry too much about color. Health is more important :)

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Hi ruchi...

like polymorphic said.. i have seen this with most of my counsins' babies. When they are born, they are all pinky and fair and as days pass they get dull. But in a few months they are back to the complexion when born...

I guess it is just time and your baby will get the original complexion... i dont know of any remedies of making a baby fairer...

and dont worry about others, people will speak and if not this they will look for some other reason.. you relax... your baby is a bundle of beauty and just enjoy it :)

4. Ruchi002

Ruchi002 New IL'ite

Thank u polymorphic and sitharaj. U don't know how much relief u just have given me. I m thank ful to both of u. May your words become true. From now onward I will not care about what other says about my baby's colour or mine. She is my princess and will be forever. I love herb more than any thing. Thanks guys. :)

5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

try using old cinthol

6. Ruchi002

Ruchi002 New IL'ite

What's old cinthol. Pls explain I really don't know.

7. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

i mean the old cinthol soap with red colour wrapper..hope u gt it..it worked for my nieces n my dd..jonhson n johnson n wipro dont work for many kids..i have been using old cinthol from around 21st day of her birth till date..she is 3.5 yrs old now

8. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Hi no worries, after birth the babies tends to loose weight, so it looks dull.
    Once the baby gains weight by 4th weight onwards your baby will be fair and cute.
    Use Kasturi Turmeric powder + channa atta for baby bath after massage

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  9. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ruchi, Ignore comments made by everyone saying baby has dull complexion. Babies keep changing in complexion they improve when they are about 3 months. My suggestion is dont use anything on the newborn skin as their skin is so delicate. If you use anything else other than baby wash then there is a greater chance for the baby to develop rash and allergic reaction.So right now just concentrate on feeding baby well.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ruchi002

Ruchi002 New IL'ite

Yeah. Sanvi thanks . Even now I feel to ignore every one. You know my child's hands and feets are fair but other parts are dull. Hope she will gain weight and fair colour.I also feel scared of using any thing on her skin as it,s very sensitive now.

Tell me which is true 1) that child adopt the colour of skin behind their ears or 2) child adopt the colour of their hands and feet.