is saffron effective for fair complexion of baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rachna, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Admin Note: Please have a look at our post How Can You Improve Your Baby's Complexion for more tips and suggestions.

hi ladies,

i m into 15th week of my pregnancy.i have heard that having milk with saffron (very less amount) is very effective for fair complexion of baby. if yes, then how many strands should be taken and how?i have come across many posts on same topic in indus ladies but would like to know abt personal experience of those who have taken the same during their pregnancy.

Also, i want to know that from where can i get best quality of saffron.i stay in Bangalore (indiranagar)

Also how effective and safe stretch nil type creams are? from which month shall i start using it?

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Rachna, this is more of a myth. The complexion of the baby will depend on the genes of the parents and not a bunch of saffron strands. Having said that, saffron in milk is said to be effective in improving the blood circulation of the baby. I am in my 23rd week and I take about 4-5 strands of saffron in milk for this reason :) Nothing wrong in giving it a shot though!

2 people like this.
  3. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

I second cj's reply too rachna..it's a myth...it does not work that way! Complexion is purely genetic. Also, watch out on the quantity of saffron you consume..it's not good if taken in excess.

Wish you a safe n healthy pregnancy...

4. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

I think it is a myth as complexion of the baby is derived from its genes. But there is nothing harm in trying..wait till the baby grows a little (may after6th month) and take few strands for a glass.

5. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

it's humbug...u will true color of baby only after the baby is more than 3 mths old

6. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear,

Saffron is safe to drink in pregnancy, if you are able to digest this combination and it doesn't give you acidity indigestion or loose stools then it’s alright.

Ayurveda is an ancient form of medicine and way of life; it is beyond a time of boost, bournvita or any other health drink. So saffron gives milk a flavour and easier to drink at this phase because many pregnant woman have a strong sense of smell and can be sensitive towards any food even milk. Milk being very high on calcium and essential for the expecting mother, a regular intake is advisable at this stage. Saffron has blood purifying properties to be able to improve the expecting mother’s immunity and general health which is a fundamental criteria for the well being of any individual. The growth development of the fetus depends on the mother's, hence Ayurved recommends taking saffron with milk during this phase.

Take care…..

Rakhi

7. scottstaffin

scottstaffin New IL'ite

Saffron is best known as a spice, although it is sometimes used medicinally as an herbal supplement. While a normal intake of saffron through dietary means is considered safe for most people, including pregnant women, large doses could be dangerous during pregnancy. Medicinal use of saffron is not considered safe for pregnant women. High doses (10 grams or more) have reportedly caused contractions and even miscarriages.

8. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

I am not too sure if saffron improves the complexion- in my case, my mom is very fair while my father is wheatish. my mom says she had started taking saffron with milk from the day she realised she was preg and i am the same complexion as my dad...

a friend of mine (who recently had her baby); both husband and wife are towards the darker side (she too was taking saffron regularly) and her baby is the same complexion as the parents.

9. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi.. Might be a myth.. but please buy saffron from reputed shops.. Duplicates are very common in market and it can cause trouble as well..

1 person likes this.
  10. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

no
    sAFFRON MAKES A GOOD BLOOD CIRCULATION BY INCREASING THE RED BLOOD CELLS.
    btw
    BY DRINKING TENDER COCONUT WATER EARLY MORNINGS IN EMPTY STOMACH WILL SURELY INCREASE THE BABY COMPLEXION AND KEEPS THE BODY COOL