Brown discharge at 10 weeks after a healthy scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Mayaa2012, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Mayaa2012

Mayaa2012 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I'm 10 weeks pregnant as of today. When I was 9 weeks, last week, I saw a brown discharge in the morning and then the whole day it was just white. I anyway went to get a scan and found the baby growing well and with a good heartbeat of 179. And there was no bleeding in the uterus as seen by the Radiologist.

Now this morning, I again saw a bit of brown in the discharge. Freaking out again. I'm really worried as to why this is happening. I'm having frequent urination today and having sore breasts like the previous weeks. Did anyone face this brown discharge issue when you were pregnant and still turned out fine scan after scan? What do I do friends, please help me!

2. Nallaanlakshmi

Nallaanlakshmi Bronze IL'ite

I heard of this before. Though i'm not yet pregnant i have been researching about conceiving and pregnancy.
    Do you find spotting or bleeding??
    If it is very less compared to your menstrual bleeding there is no need to worry. This bleeding may be implantation bleeding. You can just refer the below link for more details. If it a heavy bleeding like your menstrual bleeding then you need to check it once again with your doctor or with another doctor
    Implantation Bleeding
    Hope this helps you

3. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

brown discharge is nothing to worry....
    when it is thick red blood clot, u need to call ur doctor....
    i am very sure it is not implantation bleeding because you are 10 weeks pregnant now....
    i had discharge at 4 weeks doctor said it might be the old blood but i am not sure...

4. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Nothing to worry

Your uterus is doing a cleanup .Brown discharge is very very common don't freak out .If you have bright red blood with clots and it soaks up entire saniraty pad then you need to worry .Also if you have paniful period like cramps with bleeding you should worry .otherwies relax

5. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Maya,

Nothing to worry about brown discharge , I had this kind of discharge for couple of days when I was 9 weeks preg , I am now 39 weeks preg everything has been good so far.

Just relax and dont take too much tensions. It the discharge turns red in color with blood clots then its a danger signal.Please contact ur doc immediately.

Love Raji