Small belly for 28 weeks..worried.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by inertia2009, Mar 19, 2012.

1. inertia2009

inertia2009 Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with my second child and i feel my belly looks small. My first child was born 3 weeks early and weighed only 5 lbs, but was very healthy. Even strangers comment that i look small and tiny. That makes me a little worried. I know each person is different and each pregnancy is different, but i am afraid that this baby might also be underweight when born.

My diet is pretty healthy and i eat rice, dal, paneer, roti, bread and fruits mainly. I don't know how to increase the weight of the baby. Please help.

My doctor says the baby is growing fine but i still am a little worried.

2. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

My belly was also small till I was around 30 weeks pregnant. Then I started to put on weight. My baby was of normal birth weight. So don't worry, you are eating healthy. Also make sure to include dry fruits in your diet everyday.

3. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I have the same problem too. I am currently 30 weeks and everyone keeps saying how I look just 5 months...but the baby is growing well and fine. My gynec was mentioning that for some women the abdominal muscles are stronger and do not let the uterus hang out, and that might be the reason you don't show as much. As long as the baby is fine, it is nothing to worry about. Good luck on the road ahead! :)

4. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

If the doctor said the baby is growing well then don't worry.

Are you taking some rest/nap during the day? Don't do heavy work that consumes all your energy.

You must be checking your weight regularly. Is it increasing at a steady rate? Baby grows rapidly in the last three months. So your abdomen too will grow bigger :)

Good Luck
    Ganthi

5. roamin

roamin New IL'ite

Yes, all the things people have written here are true. The weight of the baby (and fetus) depends a lot on the physique and ethnicity of the parents (there is research on this). So if the doctor says the baby is well, that is the most important thing. Absolute value of weight, whether 2 kg or 4 kg, by itself, wont determine the health of the baby. Take care of your nutrition, and take rest during daytime too, at least once. All the best!

6. indojin123

indojin123 New IL'ite

dont care about anything since ur pregnant.

thing is... have pleanty of fruits, vegetables and milk.

all the best for ur delivery!