I have GDM dr suggested for c-section in 38 weeks???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by momofcuty, Mar 10, 2012.

1. momofcuty

momofcuty New IL'ite

Hi, I had Csection with my first baby in 2010, moreover i had GDM. I have lost my kid after 4 months due to aspiration. Again i am pregnant now, same GDM this time too, i am 36 weeks now.

1. My care provider informed me tat if i have normal pains we can go for VBAC tat too before 38th week, if i am not getting natural labour she said no other go i need to go for c-section due to GDM.
    2. I am really worried, please advice me wt to do to get labour pain before 38th week, i.e.. 2 weeks more. i am worried a lot, coz this baby going to be my life. I want to deliver naturally.
    3. Is my doc telling truth tat i need to deliver before 38th week as i have gdm with prior c-section.

Please give me a sort of advice. I will follow tat for safe delivery.

2. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear momocuty,

I had gdm during both my pregnancies. I am not sure if my post wud be of any help to u at this stage but just wanted to share my experience. I dont know if there is a practice of inducing labour early [prior to due date] if u want to deliver naturally. I hv heard of induced labour around due date but not 2-3 weeks before. Maybe these days they do.

In my first pregancy, i delivered naturally just after due date. Though my endocrinologist was insistant on a C-section, my gynae did not budge and waited for my labour pains. And the second one was a natural delivery 3 weeks prior to due date. But for both deliveries, the doctor waited for pains to start.

The most important factor is that the sugar and blood pressure levels hv to be closely monitored. I can understand yr worry but please do not increase yr stress levels at this stage - this might lead to an increase in sugar levels. You are almost at the end of yr term and it would be best for u to go to by yr doctor's advice bcoz she has been monitoring u well till now. At this late stage - please leave everything in the doctor's hands.

Best of luck n dont worry. Everything will be OK.

love,
    kylie

3. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Sometimes douring the last couple of weeks the sugar levels cannot be controlled and then you end in complications likethe babay is under stress and breathing issues etc. so thats whay your Doctor might have suggested to go for c section .It happenned to me as my suigra levels were out of control my DS had fetal stress and I had to go for emergency c section so please go by doctor's advice .Don't worry everything will be fine

4. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Mom,

I think the priority should be good health of child and you.Whether it natural or C section should be secondary concern specially if you had issues earlier and GDM.
    For me everything was normal but at last have to go for C section. I was bit disappointed but its ok to have a healthy baby.Also you have successfully completed your pregnancy journey so just be positive and wait to hold your cuty in your hand...Try to focus on what u will do once you have your baby.Just forget how he/she will arrive.Good luck and god bless.