Just too lazy...Why?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by DivzIyer, Feb 2, 2012.

1. DivzIyer

DivzIyer Senior IL'ite

Hi

I am 14 weeks pregnant and most of my nausea probs are ok now. Doing better health wise but I feel sooooo lazy.
    I do cook now but other than that I dont feel like doing anythg. This is not like me but I heard that as soon as the second trimester comes you become energetic and back to normal...Why do I feel this way.

2. crazysans

crazysans Bronze IL'ite

Hi Divz,

Thats quite normal, though most of the times people get back to normal energy levels after first tri, its not necessary that everyone should feel the same way. Some may have that feeling through out their pregnancy. Just that our bodies are different. So Hang on there and don't over stress yourself. These days I am sleeping for almost 11 hours a day , even being a working mom of 5 years, So you can understand, how many things I am taking easier, just to get enough rest. Thats all we can do about it.

3. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Hi divz,
    I was also in the same boat. Feeling very tired in the the start of second trimester. Actually I felt more tiredness than first trimester. I also used to wonder, what happened to my honeymoon period ( people refer to 2 nd trimester as honeymoon period during pregnancy). I started feeling more energy and normal after the middle of second trimester. And my third trimester was a breeze. Nothing to worry. This phase will also pass soon.

4. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Divziyer,

A pregnant woman has to take care other energy requirements of her baby and her own self. So it is very natural to feel drained at the end of the day. So what you need to remember is that throughout the day you need to eat regularly and rest when you feel like. Most women do not realise that whatever activities that they would do before conceiving may not be considered normal after. So the pace speed intensities of all your activities need to alter accordingly and the energy levels may vary from day to day.

One has no control over the changes that are taking place in your body as it is the result of your baby's growth and development and the resources it is using up from your body. What you can do is be consistent with your meals, eat healthy, take adequate rest and be kind to your body and put your priorities in order.

Stay in touch. God Bless…

Rakhi

5. wondergreen

wondergreen New IL'ite

Hi DivzIyer,

I too am 14 weeks pregnant and feel lazy. I don't feel nauseous anymore but do feel fatigued and very sleepy in the mornings after breakfast. I find it hard to even cook sometimes, I don't know if I am just being lazy or what. I hope I get back my energy soon.

6. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hey divziyer...

it is so very normal (from my experience).. my first trimester was exhausting. all i did was puke and sleep.

when the second trimester set in the puking took a back seat but i needed to sleep. poor hubby has got late so many days for work because i wake late and wake him late... my 15th-17th week was really the honeymoon period. my energy levels were really high, i was cooking new stuff everyday, cleaning, reading and name it all...

but in my 17th week upto today, i am so sleepy. in the morning i am waiting for my husband to leave for work so that i can sleep again. i drag myself off the couch so that i walk around every half an hour and go for an outdoor walk. apparently (like I read in a website) we are a 24 hour baby making factory- so guess this fatigue is good and worth it :)

7. DivzIyer

DivzIyer Senior IL'ite

Thanks guys
    it is good to knw that i am not the only one. I was kind of feeling guilty that though the nausea is over i still am just sleeping the entire day ;)....but thgs are better now. i cook whatever i like and no wonder my husband is enjoying every moment of it :D

8. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi iyer
    This is quite normal As the others said.
    .. Infact count this as a blessing.. This s the only amount of rest you will get now and make the best of it..Once the baby is out you will Yearn for even a two minutes rest...
    this phase is the best you can always have your hormones to be blamed for the laziness .moreover if you are unable to do much you will always be understood since you are pregnant!!