my first pregnancy appointment with dr janaki gopalan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Catgol, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

I had a very bad experience wit dr janaki during my first appointment today... m currently 5 weeks pregnant and had a first appointment wit her today she was very very rude.. i earlier had a miscarriage due to chromosome abnormalty so my husband was bit concerned and he asked whether i needed extra care dis time she replied in a very pessimistic way that chromosome issues are not in very hand and also mu hubby was concerned about what i should eat and should not eat dis time because m having pcos for tat she replied " use your common sense i dont have answers for your 1001 questions.. m very worried , does it imply that a lady who lost her baby due to chromosome issues should not get pregnant again .. i believe god has the reply for this question.. kuddos to great janaki

2. rekbal

rekbal Silver IL'ite

Hi Friend,

Sorry for what ever happened... But I can tell you one thing as this time will work out for you and dont worry you will deliver a healthy baby... Why cant you people try with another doctor as she is not responding very well.. and make sure you drink healthy juices....
    Eating a nutritious and well balanced diet.
    Quitting the tobacco habit.
    Avoiding secondhand tobacco smoke.
    Ceasing any alcohol consumption.
    Incorporating regular and low-intensity exercise, such as walking.
    Maintaining a healthy weight.
    Reducing caffeine intake.
    Keeping clear of unwanted radiation or toxic chemical exposure, including work-related chemicals.
    Checking with your physician or pharmacist before taking over–the-counter or prescription medications.
    Avoiding the use of illegal drugs.

3. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Thanks dear Rekbal I have gained my strength by your kind soothing words..

4. Sandhya1980

Sandhya1980 New IL'ite

Hi my friend,

Hope, the long wait is over and God has graced you with a nice baby.......Forget about that doctor and she is like that. Just ignore her. Arrogance and Greediness have got into her head. Remember, "the empty vessels make the most noise".

Cheers

5. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Hi Catgol,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I will suggest you change your doctor right away. Take reviews from other people before you choose your next doctor.This lady dont deserve the right to be a doctor.Remember make this pregnancy most memorable. Eat healthy food. If you google you have plenty of answers about what food to eat follow them. I think even Indus ladies have several threads about foods to eat during pregnancy and PCOS follow it.

You absolutely need extra care and rest. Dont do any exercise or hard work. Get enough sleep ,drink plenty of water which is needed. Take care and good luck.

6. swiss

swiss Gold IL'ite

Take lots of rest..Eat lots of fruits and veggies..Avoid sweets and lots of carbohydrates... I have pcos too and now 37 weeks pregnant. Dont worry and enjoy your pregnancy..
    And do try to change your doc if you are uncomfortable with her.

7. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Catgol,

Dont worry about this dear.There will 1000's of people in this world with different habbits.I know it will be difficult to deal with such people in your situation.You are in the most happiest phase of your life.Enjoy that.Putting my 2 cents here
    1. Have lots of fruits and vegetables(Make sure that you will have 1/4 kg of vegetable a day and atleast 1-2 fruits)
    2. Have mild walk daily
    3. Dont stress your mind and try to be happy always
    4. Do the the things which you love to do
    5. Have milk daily(1 glass)
    6. Sleep for 8-10 hours and sleep peacefully
    7. Last but not least try to visit a good doctor who will address your concerns

8. deba19

deba19 New IL'ite

Hi,

I too had a bad experience with the doctor during my delivery. She was never regular in providing me the reports of the blood tests even though I was told from the lab that only doctor will call and tell the reports. whenever I called she was too busy. Also I had to ask her to give me tests for thyroid & hemoglobin as I had problems with them, she had overlooked even though they were clearly mentioned in my previous reports. She recommended me to a heamatologist who gave me an iron IV which caused a reaction & nearly killed me. When I let Dr. Janaki know that she was very casual & told such things might happen in rare cases like mine. She kept asking me if I would try for normal or opt for c section and when I said I would try for normal even though my first delivery was c section, she said I seemed too delicate for normal. I mean who is a doctor to judge me? She gave me service only because I was paying for consultation. During my surgery which had to be done as I had pains but baby was not coming down, she was very rude to me. Instead of explaining what was going to be done she kept shouting at me as I was nervous. All nurses & anesthesia doctor were all very kind and patient, but doctor Janaki in spite of being my doctor was extremely rude. After the delivery when she came for the rounds she kept making comments to her junior doctors & nurses that I was nervous even after being given anesthesia. The other doctor & nurses actually supported me when I said anxiety might happen to someone who is cut open. Overall I found Janaki very rude, snobbish & not so caring for her patients. So would not recommend her to anyone for sure.

9. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Sorry for your experience dear. I too have had a very bad experience with some doctors, though not related to pregnancy.

I am not sure of how you will take my advice............................Is it possible for you to visit a male gynaec?

I have switched to male doctors for most specialities, and they are all ears to you. They are very kind, compassionate and understanding.

I too have pcos. Most female doctors have been very harsh to me especially regarding my diet and weight. My male doctors are very kind and understand my limitations.

10. Sandhya1980

Sandhya1980 New IL'ite

Sorry to hear the horrible experience of "deba" with that doctor JG. As I hear, she is more fit to be greedy politician rather than a doctor. Just ignore such uncompassionate and greedy doctors and consult only sensible doctors. Take care dear.